Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Great Impressions Stamps April Challenge Card

Today I thought I'd share a little bit 
about how I made my card for the
 April Showers Bring May Flowers  
Great Impressions April Challenge?


Here's the card I made using the Great Impressions 
and 

 


Just because a stamp is a border stamp, doesn't mean you can't use it for other purposes.  Here I used the stamp as the flower border at the bottom of the card  (heat embossed in gold, watercolored and fussy cut) and also as the umbrella pattern (stamped twice, watercolored, and heat embossed with clear ep to give it a shiny vinyl look).

I started out making a yellow umbrella and then wasn't happy with it.  So then I made 3 more, pink umbrella, a pale blue umbrella, and finally decided on the blue umbrella above.  
What do you think?  Did I choose correctly? Would anyone like a leftover umbrella?
Here's a tip to prevent your adhesive from showing when working with velum.  First, attach any items that will be on top of the velum.  
Turn it over and place your adhesive on the velum behind those items.  When you glue the velum down whatever adhesive you used will be hidden.



 Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.
I look forward to seeing your projects for the
and visiting some of your blogs.

Don't forget you could be the winner of this cute stamp:

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! I'd say you chose correctly - the blue umbrella is perfect! I save my leftover pieces in a drawer and pull them out later when I'm pressed for time and need something quickly. (When the drawer gets too full, I sort and give a stash to a friend who's new to cardmaking - she loves it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.