Thursday, August 29, 2013

Life is Full of Disappointment

Please bear with me for a moment while I get something off my chest.  I don't mean I literally need to remove lunch particles, a creepy crawly, or other unwanted article from my person, but I do have something that is bothering me.  In a way, my problem is of the creepy, crawly category.  I am talking about those teeny, tiny sugar ants that have appeared in my kitchen, more specifically in the microwave oven above the stove.  First of all, the microwave is clean, spotless, free of anything even a teeny, tiny ant mighty find as sustenance.  And yet, when I open the door there are always a few ants inside.  I'd simply wipe them out and then use the appliance.   After several days of this, I decided I wasn't going to do that, I was just going to nuke the little buggers.  Here's where the disappointment comes into the picture.  I was hoping they'd pop like popcorn, or maybe jump around like water on a hot skillet, and at the very least, DIE!  But nothing.  Zero.  Nada.  I opened the door and they were still just on walk about in my microwave.  You can cook a fish, a hot dog, veggies in my microwave, but not teeny, tiny, annoying sugar ants.  I needed to share that with all of you.  I knew you'd understand.

Now, today's card.....
This card was created using A.J.’s Digi Globe by Amanda Marks, a piece of junk mail that came with my credit card, a piece of black and white DP (which will make you dizzy if you look at it too long), a die cut from the new CTMH cricut cartridge, Artbooking, CTMH stamp "live life", some bling, CTMH Trinkets Wooden Shapes, and some zigzag stitching on the sewing machine.




It was made specifically for the following challenges:

LEJ Designs Challenge #68 - Holidays + Travel
Through The Craftroom Door - Aug 27-Sept 2 - Anything Goes
Catered Crop Challenge - Map It! Recipe Swap Quickfire
Come and Get It Challenge - Let's Go on a Holiday
That Craft Place Challenge - Stitching Real or Faux
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Journeys, Travel or Destinations
The Artistic Stamper August Challenge - Postcards, Travel and Holidays
Heck of a Challenge - Summer Holidays


Please don't go without scrolling below!!!



Below are 2 cards I made this morning at Joyce's open house.  
CTMH has a new cricut cartridge which is responsible for the cuts that make up this 4 layer card.  All we did was glue it together.
 

And for the month of September CTMH has a pretty sweet deal which lets you get 3 stamp sets for $10 with a $50 purchase.  The stamps used on this card are from 2 of the special sets.  The 3rd set is an alphabet set, upper and lower case letters.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful card-love the color combo and artbooking cuts! I had sugar ants too, until I called Terminix. Ant free for 4 months now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Debi, love them, sorry you have such pesky little things in your microwave hun, hope you get them sorted, thank you for sharing your card with LEJ Designs this week, good luck on all accounts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the sugar ants! I didn't know they were impervious to microwaves!!!! We get them in our sink area most summers but for some reason this year they decided not to come party at our house. What a relief!

    Great cards!!! I love the DP for your Map card! Such fun! Your other two are great fun as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love all these cards! Too cute. That's so funny about the ants... and more than a little creepy LOL! I've heard that wiping the area down with vinegar will delete their "trail" so that they don't come back...but that's pretty hit-or-miss LOL. I'm a new follower of your blog; love your blog title! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debi,
    Oh no ANTS! Try an ant bait called TERRO. It is a liquid bait that they carry back to the nest and it will hopefully wipe them all out. I think my husband got it at Home Depot or Lowes. It is just a tiny bottle because you only need a few drops of the stuff. Put it on a small piece of plastic where you see the ants, but then I guess you won't be able to use you microwave for a few days! Unless you can find where they are coming in and then place it along their trail. Good luck!
    The cards are nice. I love the sunflower one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely Thanks so much for playing at That Craft Place with our 'Stitch' challenge! hugs Carlyann *TCP DT* x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, Debi, I'm holding my sides laughing at your sugar ants story! Too funny. Annoying, I know, but the way you've told it, I just have to enjoy the humor of it. Lovely cards, all three of them. Love the black, white and red combo with the pop of gold on the first one. Love the Cricut cuts on the second one and the colors on your third one are superb together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards, Debi! Each one so pretty, colorful, and special. Sorry about your icky ants. It does not matter how clean a person is, those ants find their way in somehow. Our home is treated regularly because we live in Florida. Ants are our #1 problem. There are special treatments where the ants take the poison back to the nest. That's the only way to be rid of them. Good luck! you don't deserve that aggravation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your travel card - so eye-catching - love the colours!

    KT Fit Kitty
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Travel card Debi. Love the colours and the words! Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the travel card . Thank you for joining in at LEJ Designs challenge . LEJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...I don't mean to laugh but I love your venting...little buggers still walking around! Oh dear I hope you can resolve the problem. So I love all of the cards! I'm here from TTCRD, love the images and you used just the right amount of the dizzying black and white paper :) Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.