Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Birthday Card Stencils

After deleting my camera software and reinstalling a newer version, I can once again edit photos to post.  I suppose I'll have to work out the bugs until I'm satisfied with the edited versions.  To me, the photos below look much better in the picture file than when I add them to the blog.  They seem to lose their brightness in the transfer.
 


 Even the white background paper and cardstock doesn't look white.  This is so frustrating!

Aside from the poor photos,  I wanted to show you this card I made for a friend who loves horses. 

Using a CTMH cricut cartridge, I cut one of the horses for the carosel out of cardstock.  Then I used the negative, secured to the gray cs with a bit of washi tape so it wouldn't move, to sponge in the horse outline.  For the inside I used the actual horse I had cut and sponged around it before stamping the sentiment inside.
Die cuts are from ODBD (card front frame and candles) and Tattered Lace (inside bow).
Happy Birthday sentiment is a CTMH stamp.  
The inside sentiment is from ODBD.
Papers are from CTMH.

Challenges:
Crafter's Cafe Challenge #162 - Christmas and/or Birthday 

Added 12/7/2016
So I fiddled with different software programs and discovered I could edit the pictures but not save the edited versions.  And, of course, the program I was using is no longer available as a download.  What to do?  Buy a new camera?  I don't think so!!  Then right before I went to bed last night I did some digging in one of my dresser drawers and found the original camera box and cd with the software.  I was out all day and just got home a bit ago.  I switched on the computer; turned on the tea pot; uninstalled all the junk I tried yesterday; made a cup of tea; popped the cd into the drive; reinstalled the software and....

   Much better!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great card and I love how you used the "scrap paper" as a stencil. Great idea. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.