Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #344 with STAMPlorations

STAMPlorations is the sponsor for this week's 

As is often the case, when I receive new stamps in the mail I head right for paper and ink pad.  Someday I will learn to check the challenge theme before making anything.  Fortunately, the card I made fits perfectly with this week's Anything Goes theme! 

 These stamps are from the Sweet Spring Wishes stamp set available from STAMPlorations.

 There are also dies available for both the flowers and words.

I was checking out the STAMPlorations Blog and they just happen to have a CAS Challenge going for the month of May.  Generally, I shy away from CAS challenges.  I tend to get messy which requires adding layers and/or bling to disguise the little flaws.  If my friend, Carol, to whom I sent the card above, dissects it, the truth will out!  Because I had stamped a few extra flowers, perfect for masking, and was feeling brave,  I tried a CAS card.
One layer, lots of white space, no bling, and no smudges!
The hardest part was the "hello".  The stamp actually says "hello sunshine".
I covered the sunshine part with tape before inking, then had to quickly remove the tape and stamp the card before the ink on the stamp dried.  That's not easy when the ceiling fan is on high!


3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love all that shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfectly CAS! I'm impressed with the no smudges--thank goodness Photoshop exists for my cards! Thanks for sharing at Stamplorations CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card; love how the stamped image, colour and sentiment are in the bottom right corner, leaving lots of white space. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.