Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Joyful Stars Close to My Heart October Blog Hop

Welcome to the October

Close to My Heart Joyful Stars Blog Hop.

 

Have some fun hopping between the blogs of this group of talented Close to My Heart consultants, and me, where we share creative projects using CTMH products.



Today I'm sharing a gatefold shutter card with you.
I wanted to make something special for a wonderful young man who just celebrated his 14th birthday on Friday.



  This is actually a fairly simple card to make 
and the effect of the center eye opening is great!
You'll find an easy to follow tutorial here

The papers are from the CTMH Grateful Heart Paper Packet.
Cricut cuts are from CTMH cartridges.
Now, since this is a blog hop,
you might have arrived here from  Andrea Sherman's blog.
Your next stop is Marie Flayer's blog.  


The hop is circular.  
If you are just starting here, 
simply continue hopping until you find your way back,
making the full circle.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Challenges: 
Always Happy Birthday October Challenge - Birthday Anything Goes 
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge - Celebrations 4 Kids or AG 
Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Use a Product from the new Expressions 2 book/copy a project from the new book/ or use the new colors.
 

13 comments:

  1. How NEAT is this card design?!?!!!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this kind of card for the first time in a Splitcoast Stampers newsletter, I think. Really cool! I'll have to try one soon.

    Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I'm intrigued! Cute card! I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I like the fall papers for a guy card. But I'm going to need a "personal" tutorial to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried to make one of these. I will have to add this to my list. Your card is adorbs. Great masculine card as well. Thank you for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this creative card with us at Heart 2 Heart! I have seen similar, but none just like this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card for a 14 year old, he'll love it. Had a looky around too, GREAT cards.
    Faith
    PS thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cards that move! Thanks for joining us this week at the PDE Challenge! . Follow kReN@ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, I love the colours and everything, great job. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! That is a a super fun and interactive card!

    Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card and it looks great in the color of Grateful Heart! Thanks you for inspiring us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shutter card...super great male card. I thought I had already put a comment in here but must have backed out before finished. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart. You might be interested in knowing that I liked the shutter card so well that I have made one for our next Double Trouble Challenge. However made a mistake on the cut of the panels for the shutter and had to start over again because I messed up the inside of the card taring it apart several time. Once I got the cut right, it went around smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.