Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #553

Welcome!  
Are you ready to join the fun at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Tuesday Morning Sketches
Melissa has created another great sketch for this week's challenge.  I started out making one card, but liked the sketch so much that I ended up making two.  Then I had to decide which to use as my DT card on the TMS blog.  So, I'm very glad you stopped by, because you get to see both of the cards I made.  
I'd love to know which you like best.

First, I made this card using a new digi stamp, Virtual Bear Hug, available from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.
 I printed the bear twice, once on kraft paper and once on white cs.  Then I colored the white heart and bow, fussy cut them and glued them onto the kraft bear before I fussy cut him.  The sentiment was also a digital stamp.

And then the sketch kept whispering shaker card in my ear, and I hadn't made one in a while, so that's exactly what I did for my second card.
 The digi image I used is called Shabby Chic Birdhouse, from Beccy's Place.  A few weeks ago I made another card using this image in the uncolored version.  At the time I printed a small precolored version of the digital birdhouse as a guide.  It was still sitting on my the work table and I thought it would work well on this card.

I almost forgot to show you Melissa's wonderful sketch.
 
Hope you'll play along with us this week
at  Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Now I'm off to enter a few challenges, too.

Challenges:
Card#1:
Make My Monday Challenge #121 - Use a Digital Stamp



Have an awesome day!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, great use of your sketch! I think we're all longing for real hugs instead of virtual ones :) Thank you for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Debi, you've done a fabulous job interpreting the sketch. The colours are lovely on both, the pink is so pretty and coordinates nicely with the other colours. I like the mix of sequins you added to your shaker card, they work perfectly with the image. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love that you turned the second one into a shaker - how fun! - Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful, but I love your shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Debi! I love them both! The teddy is adorable, but the bird house/shaker is sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the teddy bear, but the shaker card speaks to me as well. It's awesome! I'm looking forward to joining the fun at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love these both so much also I guess if I had to pick one I would pick the shaker and I love little bird houses so they are wonderful Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are both your cards, Debi. I love that cute little house as a shaker card, but the bea is sweet too.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are wonderful but my eye is drawn to the green and pink one. I love that you made it into a shaker card and used the white ribbon for more texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are fantastic but how clever of you to make one a shaker card. That wasn't whispering that to me, so I'm glad you heard it - so so super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty colors on both cards. Love the shaker element!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the way you used Beccy's image in your shaker card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.