Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #601

 

Welcome to my blog, where I have
a new card
to share with you each week for
Tuesday Morning Sketches 
 
 
 
 This is the first card I made for Andrea's sketch.  Sketches are basically a great starting point.  When I posted this card below the TMS sketch, I felt I missed one of the key points, the 3 shapes.  I was going to put a seagull at the bottom for my third element, but he obviously flew off.  I know not where.  

I decided to make another card, now that I'm back in PA and have my entire stash at hand.
I am much happier with this version.
Since the card is a mini slimline, 3.5"x6", I decided to make and decorate an envelope, too.


 

 

I hope you'll have time to play along at

 Occasionally we have prizes and this week
Andrea is donating a prize: 6 assorted colored mini slimline envelopes from Taylored Expressions. 
 
 
The Design Team would love it if you'd visit our blogs.
 Patti
You can be sure that one of us will be visiting yours!
Have a great and crafty day!
 
 
Challenges:
Heart 2 Heart Challenge - What's Your Angle (patterned paper, Artistry Cricut Tag, gold flower centers are CTMH) ; Cardz 4 Gals Challenge #144 - Slimline Card; Crafty Catz Challenge #546 - AG; Taylormade Cards 4 U Challenge - Serendipity; Inkspirational Challenge #236 - Grow;  Stamplorations April Stencil Challenge - AG (used Dots All Over stencil)
 

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card and thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are wonderful. Great variations and the slimlines are so "in" right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Debi! I think that your lighthouse card is a great way to show how the sketch can be adapted as a starting off point as you said..it turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card with the lighthouse, but missed something following the sketch. But you wrote your seagull flew away....lol.
    Your 2nd card is a beauty and I love your matching envelope!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to play around with sketches. Both of your cards are wonderful. I do love all the details and your choice of colors on your second card, it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both wonderful!!
    I LOL that your seagull flew away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I LOVE both your cards so much but I do agree the flower one is my fav and that matching envelope came out fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic cards! I love the lighthouse scene you created and those colorful, spring blooms are lovely! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are wonderful! I feel all 3 elements of the card are represented in your beach card - it's beautiful and very creative. The birthday card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are fabulous. I love the colours and the spring blooms are great! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your floral card is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your cards are wonderful! Love the Slimline looks. THank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful slimline card with your stenciled Dots All Over and your stamped and die cut mixed media elements. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challengs. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.