Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge #633

 

Welcome to my blog, where I have
a new card
to share with you each week for
Tuesday Morning Sketches 
Here is this week's sketch:

My Red Hat gals enjoy really making cards.  Last week we made four Christmas cards.
When prepping the card kits, I made a few extra poinsettias.  One of them is below, on my TMS design team card for this week.
The flower is a layered die cut from Spellbinders.  I cut enough for 16, spread them out on the table top, and sprayed them with a spray mist from Tattered Angels.   I used dies from Sizzix to cut the Winter Wishes from white glitter paper.  Then I placed a few dots of glue here and there among the embossed snowflakes and sprinkled white glitter over top.

 
I hope you'll have time to play along at
this week. 
The Design Team would love it if you'd visit our blogs.
You can be sure that one of us will be visiting yours!
****

Yesterday when I posted my November card to the Imagine That! SOTM Challenge, I noticed that Imagine That! was also having a 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.
By simply switching the image and large sentiment to opposite sides, I was able to use the Tuesday Morning Sketch above to create this card.  

 
The use of Red & White was optional, but I tried to stick to that as much as possible.  In looking for background paper, I discovered that I have very little red and white Christmas paper in my stash.  That is a situation which needs to be corrected.

This cute Christmas Dachschund is an Imagine That! digi. I colored this with markers and water colors with Gamsol.  I paper pieced the stripes of glitter paper on the sweater. The sweater and hat bands and pom pom are glue and glitter, the kind that goes everywhere.  My SIL has a dachshund named Holly, so this card will go to her.
 
Hope you have a great day!
Don't forget to play in these two fun challenges!

3 comments:

  1. Haha isn’t it fun to discover a reason to get more paper?!! Your poinsettia card could not be more beautiful, every detail you added makes it just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words to appropriately express how I feel about both cards! That poinsettia is stunning. I want this card to be my Christmas cards this year! Gorgeous. And that Christmas card with the doxy... so flippin' cute!!! Great job on both cards Debi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cards! I love the embossed background on your poinsettia card and your Christmas Dachshund put a big smile on my face.😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.