Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Chevron Card

This week is finally over.  Yippee!!!  It started out as an unusually free week, not even card class.  
When people ask me how I get so many cards made, I always respond, "easy, I don't clean."  But after a while, the dust and dirt need to be attended to.  It took me 3 days to clean my house.  Then my mother and I got busy helping a friend who moved from a transitional care facility and to a small apartment at an assisted living center.  This morning, while there was still frost on the grass, we watched our grandsons' last baseball and soccer games of the season.  

I had seen a card made with this chevron folding pattern and have been wanting to try it.  I finally got a chance to play this afternoon for a couple hours, instead of stealing 10 minutes here, twenty minutes there as I had been doing all week.

I thought I was done making Halloween cards, but when I saw this folding technique I thought it would be great with this CTMH paper. (Stamps are CTMH, too.)  And there are still so many challenges with a halloween theme.  I'll just save this one to send to OWH next year. 
I am entering this card in these challenges:

Crafty Hands Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge #11 - Black, White + 1 other color
Milk Coffee Challenge - Coffee/Halloween
Inky Impressions Challenge #131 - Halloween/ Black+Orange
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Halloween/Halloween Colors

9 comments:

  1. Super card. Thanks for sharing this for The Sweet Pea Stampers Halloween challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with a gorgeous layout and colours. Thanks for joining us at SDD Challenge. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card thanks for sharing with sweet pea stampers this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, great job.

    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ♥ Carolyn
    DT Member for Stamping Dragon Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Great lo and love the folded "border".
    Thank you for joining us at MilkCoffee Digi Stamps

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our very first challenge at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (CraftyHands DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout, fab design, thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.