I made a waterfall card for Carol's birthday earlier this week and forgot to take a photo. Therefore, I had no choice but to make another to share with you.
Waterfall cards look much harder than they really are. I followed directions from Splitcoast Stampers located here to get the exact folding measurements. I used an old Repeat Impressions stamp for the cake and sentiment. The colors and lack of frilly embellishments make this a good male card and very 'mail'able.
Today my June Issue of Quick Cards arrived in my mailbox. Featured on the front cover are Amazing Waterfalls. My guess is that we'll be seeing a lot of these on blogs and in challenges for a few weeks, just like the Box Cards that were recently popular. If you don't subscribe to Quick Cards, this might be a good issue to pick up at the craft store. There is a freebie package of Kraft Confetti paper with matching vellumborders that is adorable and so summery which comes with this issue.
Today, I am entering this Waterfall card in the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge Week 260 - Happy Birthday!
- Brown Sugar Challenge #95 - Anything Goes
- Di's Digi Design Challenge - Make it Masculine
- Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge #150 - Let's Hear it for the Boy!
- Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #30 - One for the Guys, Big or Small
- Sister Act Card Challenge # 58 - Anything Goes
- Wags n Whiskers Challenge #129 - One for Boys
- Savvy Handmade Challenge - Birthday Photo Inspiration
- The Male Room Challenge - Project with a moving part
- Penny's Challenge #178 - Spots and/or Stripes
- Cardz 4 Guys Challenge #19 - Action/Movement
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge # 152 - Happy Birthday