Thursday, July 11, 2013

I broke my nose on one of these contraptions!!!!!

So have you been to the Close to My Heart  July Blog Hop
Joyce has an awesome card posted using some of the new CTMH products. 
There are prizes involved!!!!

But don't go yet. 

 I want you to look at this darling card I just finished.   
(Ribbon from LoveBug Creations; sentiment stamps are CTMH)

When I first saw this image (a digi by Lacy Sunshine) I was immediately transported back to kindergarten and the day I was perched up in the air much like the snail and the gnome at the bottom, without warning, suddenly hopped off.  At that point I quickly plummeted to the groundand fell off the see-saw, which bounced, and hit me in the face, breaking my nose and releasing a torrent of blood on my pink coat.  Ahhhh  Memories.......

I am entering this card in these challenges:
Lacy Sunshine Challenge #12 - Anything Goes (include a hand colored image)
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #135 - Think Pink
Scrapper's Delights Challenge # 3 - Summer Brights



Word Art Wednesday #88 - Anything Goes 
Can You Digi It Challenge #39 - Summer Smiles 
Clear It Out Challenge - Theme-Make Someone's Day; Stash Item-Something Sparkly
(I used some glitter gel on the butterfly wings and a flower bling in the center of the snail shell, both stash items.) 
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge #60 - Use a Hoarded Item (that was my last flower bling in clear :>(  although I still have a few green ones left)
Partytime Tuesday Challenge #128 - Wing It! 
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #109 - Summer Theme or Colors 
Songbird Challenge #24 - Ribbon 
Twisted Tuesday Challenge #54 - Use something that begins with the letter "i" and an embossing folder  (I used ink and itty-bitty dots of buttercup liquid pearls)
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Butterflies and Bows 


Now don't forget to go to the  Joyful Stars July Blog Hop.  You will love the new CTMH Laughing Lola paper that Joyce used on one of the new CTMH circle spin cards!

26 comments:

  1. OMGOsh I love the flower bling! I would so hoard those too. Great image and design and I love the mushroom embossing, it fits this so well. I laughed at your seesaw memmory, that was so sad and I bet you didn't like the seesaw for a long time after that one! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute little gnome image and the embossing folder is perfect for it!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ouch for your poor nose! I once did high jump at school, landed on the mat and kneed myself in the face. Big nose bleed and black eye later and I never did high jump again! Lol.

    Fab card. Love that embossing and you've displayed the digi so beautifully.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at Scrappers Delights.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and fun card :) Thank you so much for joining us at the, Summer Brights, Challenge at Scrappers Delights, Denyse :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Cute image and lovely colour scheme! It's great that the see-saw image brought back such fun memories!!!!!:))
    (youch!)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet image and adorable card. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Debi! How fun to visit your blog today and find a great assortment of cards - so pretty, and lots of different subject matter and colors. Thanks for sharing your before and after photos from losing your tree. How sad to lose an old friend like that. One of the things we do is collect all the hoses and potted plants before tropical storms come to our area, so they don't fly through the air like missiles. My favorite project is yesterday's pretty sunflower and butterfly digi image - it is beautiful. Thanks, too, for sharing about your mom. Hope all is well, hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cute. I love how you embellished the mushrooms, really makes them pop. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.
    Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge blog . . . hope you stop by and join us again. :) Good Luck!!!

    Kathy - CIO DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you've been traumatized by see-saws ever since, right? lol I know it wasn't funny at the time but the way you tell gave me a laugh. Love the card and that image is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super sweet card! Thanks for stopping by to play along and share your art with us this week. I am so grateful for your participation and I thank you for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Love how you cut the inside of the card out. Thanks for joining us on Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun card and image. Bling is always so hard to part with, lol. I have so many packs of bling but, cant really get myself to add it to any cards. You have inspired me to do it more often. Thanks for joining in the fun at Loves Rubber Stamps and hope to have you again real soon. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry you broke your nose, but wow! What a fun card. Love the sentiment!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday "I" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun image! Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful card and great colours
    Thanks for joining in the Lacy Sunshine Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! Love your image! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh no! broken nose is never good! Did the one that got you balance on a cute little mushroom tho? Hehehehe..I adore this... and the sentiment w/ that image sure gave me a chuckle!!! To pretty and I love the bow you made as well!!!

    Bug hugs,
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine.
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet card!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our TWISTED TUESDAY challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a fun card:)Love the embossing!Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine!
    Good Luck x
    hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card!! Love the image and the details😄
    Thank you for joining us at singbird challenge this time!
    Good luck Sophie DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful Card (I'm sorry it conjures up some not so wonderful memories!). The colour pops are so cool! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.