Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Anticipation....

: a feeling of excitement about something that is going to happen
: the act of preparing for something

My nephew and his wife are presently at the hospital having a baby boy.  I am waiting for the phone to ring so I can put the little fella's name on the card I just made. 


Actually I made 2 cards, one for my nephew, his wife and new son (above) and another (below) with some of the extra pieces. I don't always have a defined plan when I start a card.  I began by just grabbing a piece of white cardstock off the table to stamp the baby carriage, a fun stamp from Sweet Stamps.  Then I decided to use this great plaid DP and frame the image in gray CS.  As an afterthought, I punched the corners, but then the white piece with image was too small.  I set that one aside, measured another piece of white CS and stamped the carriage a second time.  I went in search of some little plastic baby doodads I thought I had.  I couldn't find them; they might have gone on the card for the shower.  Instead, I decided to use these fun metal curlicues I found. 
I embossed the background, wrapped it with ribbon and tied the bow, then added the 'congratulations' and image.

I started to tidy up my workspace a bit, which is when I decided I might as well do a second card. 


It wasn't until after I had the second card front finished and was left with a small piece of plaid paper that the first card became an easel card.  I used the wheels and handle of the stamp to add a little design around the edge.
As soon as the phone rings with the happy news, vital statistics and, as yet, undisclosed name,  I'll print out 
"Mom and Dad and Welcome (name inserted here)" 
to add to the top of that small piece of leftover plaid.
Does anyone else make their cards in such a helter-skelter way?

Ah...  the phone!!!!
Sorry, only the septic guy returning my call.

In the meantime I will enter the easel card in the following:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #101 - Anything Goes 
The House that Stamps Built Challenge DCC#108 - Shaped or Fun Fold Card 
Inky Impressions Challenge #165 - Anything Goes 
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #183 - Embossing 
The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge - Monochromatic 
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Baby  (I won the ribbon in a challenge over a year ago.)
Card Mania Challenge #49 - Babies 
Crafting from the Heart Challenge 24 - Always Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge #122 -  for a child (baby)
We Do Doobadoo Challenge #8 - Ribbons


Still no word.  Guess I'll make dinner.  

8 comments:

  1. WOW what exciting news! Your creations are adorable and love that paper. Hopefully your email notices don't ring like a phone ... you'll be jumping out of your skin when you get this! LOL! ADORABLE and Congrats on the new arrival. Praying all went well!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘MONOCHROMATIC’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards and love the embossing on the layers! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Monochromatic challenge! Hey, at least he called you back - I've called some companies and it's days later before I got a return call :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully delicate, just perfect for a bay card. Love the tartan paper. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM. Monika
    Just before I go, there is a blog hop on at STAMPlorations, would be great if you could join. http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/06/stamplorations-birthday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry should have read 'baby boy card', did merge the words into 'bay card'. LOL

      Delete
  4. Both of these are gorgeous, Debi! I love the soft colors in the plaid paper. What a delightfully delicate carriage. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you and your family. A new baby truly is something worth eagerly anticipating! Gorgeous card - love the plaid and the embossing. Hope by now you've been cuddling this little fella. thanks so much for joining us this week at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards, congratulations!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the colours, image and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.