Thursday, August 27, 2015

Gerda Steiner Designs August Challenge

Well, this is my last card for the August Progressive Challenges in which I participate.  
This darling image of a snoozing puppy and mouse is this month's freebie for the Gerda Steiner Designs August Challenge.
card front

card back
I knew I wanted to make this a masculine card and use Kraft paper for the base. I colored the image and went in search of a paper pad I bought last winter in Florida.  Not only did I find the paper pad, but I also found several card fronts made from scraps tucked inside.  Choosing one of those, I embossed it and punched a hole in the bottom before adding it to the base.  I colored in the mouse "hole" with a brown marker.  A piece of scrap burlap cut in a semi-circle became a rug for the pup.  Next I went in search of a sentiment and found this one by My Favorite Things.  It was all on one stamp, but I divided it with a little masking, stamping the top section on a piece of white cs for the card front and the bottom directly on the card back.  (This card is going in the box for Send a Smile 4 Kids.  They like the cards to be blank on the inside, which is why I stamped the back rather than the inside.)  Finally, I used some waxy flax and a pearl to hang the matted sentiment on the wall.  It wasn't until after I photographed the card, did some editing and uploaded it to this post, that I realized that it looked like the pup was sleeping on the wall.
Luckily, I was able to make a few adjustments.  Now the snoozing dog and mouse are a bit more comfortable on the floor and I'm pleased with the result.
(Well, almost.  I wish I had scored the floor boards on an angle.)



Other challenges I am entering..... 

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the addition of the mouse hole and the burlap mat. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable puppy! And I love the background of your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card and sentiment!! Cute little puppy! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenges. DT Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great texture you created for your puppy. Great cute and cuddle for Cards in Envy challenge. Thank you for joining us this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how sweet, Debi! A perfect combination of burlap and embossing. Great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww ... so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Warm Regards, Cara
    Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable...Love the lay-out too. We are blessed that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. Make sure you drop by again this week to link your family-friendly projects with us. Leaving you with God's Word in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 and it says, "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. "

    God bless always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI, Debi! This adorable card looks familiar... Wonder why? Thanks so much for supporting SAS4Kids and for playing along with our challenge at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooo sweet love the texture background!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.