Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Foiled Decoupage Card

Yesterday was my mother's birthday.  We took our traditional trip to Shady Maple for lunch and baked goods and then made a stop at Bear Creek Nursery for a few plants.  Since it is another beautiful day for outside work, my purchases are already in the ground.  
I imagine Mom is working on planting hers, too.

Thought I'd show you the card I made for Mom's birthday.  I used 3 layers from an Anita's Foiled Decoupage Sheet by Docrafts
The background was made from leftover digi paper from Imagine That! Stamps.  I cut the leftovers into uniform widths, glue them on lightweight paper, run it through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder, cut it to size and always like the outcome.  The sentiment is from a sheet of thin foam circles with various messages in either gold or silver, which I happened to uncover in my stash.
A strip of ribbon, handmade bow, sunbonnet charm, and a few pearls finished off the card front.  I mounted that on silver stock and then the card base.
No stamping on the front of this one.

Challenges:
Crafty Gals Challenge #129 - Anything Goes 
Everybody Art Challenge #406 -  Lace or Pearls
Moving Along with the Times Challenge #48 - English Country Garden 

 

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Reminds me of summer time in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built! Your card is beautiful, and I'm sure your mom liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the background paper too- great tips. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debi
    Very pretty card. Thank you for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I LOVE the dimension on that gorgeous scene and that background is definitely cool! Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card for our challenge, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello! super sweet card, luv the embossed background and the sweet bow! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Really liked that it's on 3D cushions. That makes it really pop. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The background reminds me of a knitted throw, and it's perfect for the cottage garden image - very nostalgic. Thanks so much or playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS, Debi. I love the background and the fabulous image. Great job! Thanks so much for playing along in our Summer Challenge. I love seeing your amazing creativity, and I hope that you will join us again soon. Don't forget about our fun Blog Hop on the 13th, and of course, all the fabulous products available in the RRR Shop. We love having you join us!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Card, Looks very great! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.