Thursday, January 16, 2020

Double Trouble Challenge #47

The sisters at Double Trouble Challenge are probably wondering I am.  It's one of my favorite challenges and I rarely miss entering.
For Challenge #47, I've used a Gerda Steiner stamp set.  The cute penguin image was stamped on glitter paper, colored with markers and then fussy cut.




Check out the holographic paper, new from CTMH.  One way it looks almost orange.  Another angle and it looks green. 




To satisfy the challenge requirements, I decided to use a dry embossing folder with a quilted pattern.  There's nothing like a snuggley quilt on a cold winter day.  

Double Trouble's partner for this challenge is Stinkin' Inkers Challenge where the theme is Warm Up.  
My mother still scolds me if I'm out in the cold without a hat.  It was definitely a bone of contention when I was a teen and didn't want to flatten my hair.  But, I will admit that a hat does help keep you warm. 

Additional challenges I am entering:
 COME JOIN US...
As You Like It Challenge - Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #540 - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge - Anything with a critter goes
Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Cutting It Close (I fussy cut the penguin and die cut the circles)
Gerda Steiner Share Your Designs Challenge - Jan 2020 - AG with a GSD image

 

7 comments:

  1. Great card love the quilted background and fabulous little penguin,love his hat and all the glitter
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes I look forward to you every challenge because you never disappoint us and are a great supporter for Double Trouble. Love the glitter papers you used on the penguin, nice piecing. Adorable and fun card and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Stinkin' Inkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful card, Debi! Your image is adorable and perfectly combined with the fabulous stripe paper. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #47.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute penguin and I love the holographic paper. I still have yet to play with it but you may have encouraged me. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Gerda Steiner image (I have him too) and I'm also a fan of hats, like your mother! Keep your head warm!
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun card, love that penguin image.
    Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the cute penguin. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.