Friday, January 12, 2024

Baseball Birthday Card

 Today I made a card for my grandson, who will be 19 in a couple weeks.  He lives and breathes to play baseball.  When he was much younger, before T-ball, he loved fire trucks and was going to be a fireman when he grew up.  We worried about the dangers he would encounter as a firefighter.  Then he discovered baseball and things changed.  So far playing baseball, he has broken his arm, sprained his ankle twice, and last fall took a ball to the face and broke his nose in 2 places.   But he is always ready when the Ref says "batter up".


(I used a pinstriped card base from a SU Paper Pumpkin kit and random stamped a baseball cap on it to create my background.  The baseball was from the kit, as well.)

 

This card follows the sketch for 

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #680.


The circle sentiment is a MFT die and the stamped sentiment is from the MFT Big Birthday Sentiments Stamp Set.

 

Additional Challenges:

Seize the Birthday Challenge #275 - Embossing (wet or dry).  The red card stock is embossed.

Aud Sentiments Challenge #309 - Make Your Own Background and/or Birthday with a sentiment

 



4 comments:

  1. Great card and love how you placed the ball in the center of the sentiment. Your GS sounds like one tough cookie. I hope all his dreams come true. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, it sounds perfect for your grandson! Love the embossed circle background with the baseball theme and thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and such a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your little story far more than I should have. Poor guy. LOL!!! I am a HUGE baseball fan and I absolutely adore your card. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.