Saturday, July 30, 2016

80th Birthday Card

My "old" high school librarian, back in the late 60's early 70's, will turn 80 in August, and his family has organized a card shower for him.  I wonder how many cards he will receive.  This is my contribution.
 The sentiment is a CTMH stamp and the numbers and letters are cricut cuts from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge.
Challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge #209 - Anything Goes 

When I left you Wednesday,
 I was in the middle of reorganizing my ribbon stash.
Here's a photo of just some of the mess, dumped out on my sofa.  I spent the last 3 evenings, while watching TV, untangling, unwinding, winding, sorting and discovering treasures.   My husband, when seeing the empty sofa this morning, remarked that he didn't think he'd ever see that sofa again. 
Check out my ribbon stash now....
The 2 plastic containers on each side fit perfectly inside the drawers for storage. 
And all the small pieces, not long enough to wrap around a card, are in my handy ribbon canister.
It sits close to my work area and is my first stop when looking for a ribbon for a card.
I am so pleased with the results, I'm "thinking" of tackling my stash of yarn.


6 comments:

  1. haha love the sentiment, made me giggle, WOW is the right word, it's perfect. Thankyou for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenges for our 'ATG' challenge. Hope you come on by again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fun & masculine cards! Great colors, embellishments, and sentiment. How nice of you to remember your former librarian and contribute to his special day! Thanks for sharing with us at Between The Folds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Love all the details. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful guy card. I love the clock paper and how you designed your card!!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card - perfect for your friend. Love the sentiment. 80 is definitely a WOW birthday! Thanks for submitting to BBTB2 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! I love the colors and the layering of all the Cricut cuts. Great job!! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.