Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Day for Daisies & Oxiclean

Yikes, did I make a mess!  
All I set out to do was make a card for the current

The freebie offered by ADFD is so lovely, 
and I thought it perfect for a bookmark. 
So I chose to CASE the Fancy Fairy Tag that DT member Tanja made.

She has the photo watermarked, so I hope she doesn't mind that I posted it here.  Can you see why I wanted to CASE it?
 
My first attempt didn't end up looking like Tanja's tag at all.


Sure, it was blue, had velum, and a crinkly ribbon, but really looked nothing like Tanja's.
Unhappy with my results, I hopped back over to read Tanja's blog and then went back to work.  Not having the same products in my stash that she used, I made some substitutions and am much more satisfied with this tag.
 The image was watercolored and fussycut; the background was stenciled with an ink mixture made from powdered pigments and CTMH pearl Creat-a-Shade paint; after drying it was debossed and a bit more color added with a pouncer; the velum spray is a cricut cut from the CTMH Artistry cartridge; and the CTMH color ready ribbon, which turned my fingers a lovely shade of denim and crystal blue, was spritzed, crumpled, clipped and dried before adding. 
Boy, was this out of my wheel house!
Now I have a lot of stuff to put away and these fingers will definitely need some Oxiclean!

 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you liked my creation ... love your tags - thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debi - you rocked this!! I love the rich colors of your second attempt. Good for you for pushing your comfort zone, giving it another go - and for being happy with the effort! Thanks for playing with our CASE the DT challenge at ADFD. All the best, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are simply beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun at our A Day for Daisies challenge! Good Luck!
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    A DAY FOR DAISIES DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.