Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Colony Cards 2/7/2017

A few days ago there was an advertising magazine in the newspaper.  It had the most beautiful purple crocuses on the front.  I just couldn't bear to put them in the recycle bin.  
So I didn't!
inside of the magazine front cover

The front cover piece I saved and embossed for this card....
And 'string saver' that I am, before assembling the card, I die cut a matching label for the inside from the dp underneath the flowers.

Die cut is Our Daily Bread; Embossing folder is Stampin' Up; Papers and sentiment stamp are Close To My Heart.
Challenges:
Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Recycle Something (magazine photo)
Mod Squad Challenge - Texturize
****************
Yesterday I attended a card class at Colony Rec Center.
Two wonderful gals each make up 2 card kits for assembly.
First Linda's cards - She loves die cuts and embossing folders.  Her machines really get a workout!


And now Joan's cards - She likes to color.  It's always nice to have a couple cards for men.
This last card had to be revamped when I got home and realized I had stamped the inside sentiment upside down on the back of the front of the card.  And just when you hope your adhesive will allow you to easily peel off the image, it doesn't.  I managed to save both the front and inside sentiments by fussy cutting the image and remounting it on different paper. 

I'm happy you stopped by today.
Don't forget to come back for the CTMH Joyful Stars February Blog Hop in 2 days!

8 comments:

  1. You always amaze me with your cards, Debi! Well done on the crocuses - just beautiful! I also enjoyed looking at your class cards - the embossed ones are my favourites. Oh and by the way, I don't think a day goes by that I don't use one of those microwave bowl covers - you are awesome! Looks like you're having lots of fun in Fla.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This challenge has already blown we away with the different types of embossing. But yours really rocks the challenge. Great idea to use a beautiful print that just could not be tossed away. Awesome class cards too.
    Thanks for entering this card in the challenge this week at the Mod Squad,  Good luck! and how to see you again.
    Barbara DT Member 

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so wonderful cards! The flowers are beautiful and I love the label you made too! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recycling. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Recycle" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever girl, a great pic well worth a recycle. So glad you popped into the Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting my cards. I cut my crocus's out also & am thinking up something different. Perhaps spraying out of a basket. Don't know what I'll come up with yet. Thanks for inspiring me. I wish you were here full time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. Makes me long for spring.... Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The CWWC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.