Thursday, February 9, 2017

Joyful Stars Close To My Heart February 2017 Blog Hop

Welcome to the February
Close to My Heart Joyful Stars Blog Hop.  
Have some fun hopping between the blogs of this group of talented Close to My Heart consultants, and me, where we share creative projects using CTMH products.
  photo JoyfulStarsBlogHopBadge3_zpsa824a544.jpg 
This month I've made a sliding gift card holder 
using Daddy bunny stamp from the 
Close to My Heart February Easter Bunnies SOTM set (S1702) 
and the Happy Happy Birthday stamp (M1142).
As you open the card, a pocket slides up to reveal the gift.
(I just used my Winn Dixie rewards card for demonstration as it was close at hand.)
The paper pack is Sugar Rush (X7215B)also from CTMH. 






Originally I made the card above for my son, 
who wears a blue shirt of some design and tie to work every day. 
He has so many blue shirts, I bet he can wear a different one every day for at least 2 months before bundling them up to take to the cleaners.  I think he collects shirts like I collect embossing folders.
Then I started second guessing myself and decided it was maybe too juvenile for a grown man.  So the card above will go in my stash for now and, using the same CTMH papers I made a second card for Rob.






Now, since this is a blog hop, you might have arrived here from Andrea Sherman's blog.
Your next stop is my friend, Betty Locco's blog.   
 The hop is circular. So if you are just starting here, simply continue hopping until you find your way back, making the full circle.  If you get lost, the complete list of participants is on Joyce's blog

Thanks for hopping by. 

Challenges I am entering:

 

14 comments:

  1. Adorable cards! Love how you have the gift card space on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute gift card holder! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design. I bet your son would just love your card with the blue shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the blue shirt bunny...son's are always juvenile no matter how old. It comes with the title :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son sounds like mine though his are in a variety of colours lol. We all have something. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards, Debi! I wouldn't have thought about using the SOTM bunny for a birthday card so thanks for sharing that with us.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your clever gift card holders! Both cards are awesome and I really enjoyed the story about your son's blue shirts! He probably would have loved the first card, too, but now you have a spare and I think the Crazy Bird is perfect for an adult child (I like to use them for my adult "kids", too). Love your choice of papers and how you've colored your little critters. Great cards :-) Thank you so much for joining our "Celebrate" challenge at Words 2 Craft By!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debi!

    First of all, the story about your son's blue shirts was too funny. Think we all know somebody like that. LOL

    Secondly, this is one clever gift card holder. Gonna have to try to make one of these myself. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a real fun animal creation and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations February challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creation!
    Thanks for playing with us at TTCRD.
    Hugs,
    Farida

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely LOVE this card idea - and it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card for our animal Challenge! what a great image! Thanks for joining us this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.