Saturday, February 25, 2017

Today's crop favorites

The Easter cards I've been making for SAS4K these last 2 months are finished.  Every SAS4K label I had with me has been used, plus a sheet or 2 that my friend, Sybilla, gave me.
 
While wintering in Florida, I've been designing cards, cutting pieces, stamping, coloring, and fussy cutting images during the week and assembling them on Saturday mornings at a weekly crop.
 
Yesterday, as I was approaching the last few cards I was planning to make, I decided it was time to use up some of my paper scraps.  
I had quite a few strips of leftovers plus the border strips that come on the edge of the CTMH paper.  One by one I glued them, in no particular design, onto a piece of 8.5 x 11 CS, filling the entire sheet.  When dry I trimmed the edges, cut it into 4 pieces to make 4 cards fronts.  Each of these 4 pieces was then embossed.  If you do this before the glue is totally dry, you get a nice deep impression and the papers hold together nicely.  Using a variety of nesting dies, I did a bit of die cutting to frame the sentiments.  There were still enough scraps to stamp some crazy birds and accessories.   Before I called it a day, I fussy cut the birds and their Easter finery, added some marker here and there, dressed and glued the birds together and added liquid glass to all their eyes for dimension and shine.

Are you ready to see my favorite cards from today's crop?






Challenges: 
Craft for the Craic Challenge - 2 of something (birds)
Aud Sentiments Challenge #174 - Animal + Sentiment
Scrapyland Challenge #60 - Add Texture (I've used La La Land Stitched Circle Dies)



Tomorrow I'll be posting a card for the last challenge at A Day For Daisies.

16 comments:

  1. Love these silly birds all dressed up and the paper is perfect for spring. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. What a great way of using up your paper scraps! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use paperscraps! I love the crazy birds used for easter cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crazy bird cards you've made. Thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous crazy birds card, great use of the scraps too.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi, what incredible cards from your crop! I love the pretty colors, the paper piecing, the use of texture with embossing folders, and your fantastic designs! Darling cards for a teen! Thank-you for joining us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. We love seeing your paper crafting projects, and are so happy you have joined us! Please check back to see if you have won a badge!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those crazy birds! Background is fab. Thank you for sharing your make with us at Scrapper's Delights challenge blog. Jane P. DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Debi, I love these crazy birds and you have made a fabulous set! :-)
    Congratulations! you have won the $50 Gift Certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Simon Says Stamp win! That's a good one to get!! I love your card. Adding the Easter bonnets were genius! I posted a card this week using one of those birds too. If you get a sec, check it out. They are a stitch http://sugarshinedesigns.blogspot.com/2017/02/thank-you-friend.html
    I am also your newest follower! I'd be honored if you reciprocated. Have a great week! :) -Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so cute. I saw it earlier today on another site and loved it and I am so glad you shared at Aud Sentiments so I could get a closer look. Thank you for joining us.

    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative with Stamps
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debi, So happy to see your Simon Says win! Congrats and happy shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards look awesome! I'm going to try your style. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards with lovely bright colours. Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.