Sunday, February 5, 2017

Snoozing away a Sunday

Some days it is just harder to wake up than others.  Today was one of those days.  It wasn't a matter of getting up.  That I managed to do.  But once up, I really had a hard time waking up.  I made and ate breakfast is a still drowsy state.  I even played several games of Alpha Betty AND finally won level 226 with my eyes at half mast.    After Jim left for his golf game, I even tried crawling back in bed.  But, it was no longer warm and cozy.  The sheets were oh so cold.   Next step...since my very strong cup of tea wasn't helping, I switched to a cup of cappucino and moved on to checking email and then today's challenges. It wasn't until I came across the February Sketch Challenge at Great Impressions that my brain kicked into gear.  Thank you GI for the much needed wake up inspiration.  I only wish that I had had a GI stamp in my travel stash to make this card.
 
The bird and bubble stamps are from CTMH 
and the sentiment heart stamp is from Stampin' Up.   
That teeny tiny baker's twine bow was a challenge to make!
I considered getting a fork, but managed to get it tied without.
I am definitely awake! 
and
my DH's Valentine is finished.
 
And I am entering these challenges:
Animal Friends Challenge #47 - No Design Paper 
Crafty Catz Challenge #356 - Anything Goes with a twist: Male projects 
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #157 - Hearts with ribbon or trim (I've used baker's twine) 
QKR Stampede Challenge #229 - Anything Goes or Valentine 
Aud Sentiments Challenge #172 - Masculine with a sentiment
Come and Get It Challenge - Valentine Cards
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #45 - Love is in the Air
HeARTtful Stamping Challenge - For Someone Special + rubber stamping

See you tomorrow for the Mojo Monday February Sketch Contest. 
and Friday is the Close to My Heart 
February Joyful Stars Blog Hop.
 

18 comments:

  1. Glad you finally woke up! I know the feeling! Beautiful card! Love the embossing and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy we could assist in waking you up! I love the sketch too. It's from Ruza's very talented brain! Your card is wonderful! Love the embossing folders you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Great Impressions and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bow in the bird's "hair". Fantastic heart embossing too. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you woke up to make this card! It is striking in the red and white with black accents - and what a cute little bow! Thanks for entering the QKR Stampede challenge this week - anything goes, with an optional valentine twist. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet Valentine's card for your DH. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiment's and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous creation!

    Fabulous card for our masculine challenge at Aud sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the embossed papers. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossing on this great card. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute !
    I love your card ♥ A perfect valentines card. Thank you for joining the Come and Get It Challenge.
    Hope we see you soon again.
    Jessica DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card!! Love the bold colors and the design that has a bit of texture! <3 Thanks for playing along with us at Come and Get It this week for our Valentine challenge :)
    Susan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debi! I just love the colors and the different embossing textures on this super cute card. Thanks so much for joining my Love is in the Air blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just adorable! And, I love that birdie and speech bubble :) Congrats on making Top 3 at my heARTful stamping challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon 🎀 for the hearts 💕 challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card with this lovely birdie and i love all the hearts every where.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Dragons Lair. Pippa DLD DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Debi! I love that my sketch inspired you to get your craft on! Love the color combo with the embossed background, and that bird is so cute! 5:58 PM

    Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Sketch Challenge this month.
    Ruza
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.