Tuesday, February 14, 2017

She's 3 + SU Card Class 2/14/17

It's so hard to believe that 
my great granddaughter will soon be...

 This darling number digi is from Beccy's Place.
Each year I play in the
November Month of Holiday Cards Challenge
at Beccy's Place finishing my Christmas cards and hoping to win one of the free digi prizes at the same time.
And every year, since our little Laila was born, I select a new number to make Laila's birthday card.  You can see her 1st birthday card here and her 2nd card is here.  
(The quilted numbered digis can be purchased as a set.  I love Becci's digis. 
And now she has clear stamps, too!  You go, girl!  Keep 'em coming!)

I am submitting this card to the following Challenges:
Beccy's Place February Challenge - Anything Goes with a BP image 
Ooh-la-la Challenge #222 - Die Cuts (These dies are from ODBD.) 
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #182 - Add Some Texture 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenger - Favorite Tool   (My cuttlebug! Great for embossing and die cutting, too.) 
QKR Stampede Challenge #230 - Anything Goes or Embossing 
Just Add Ink Challenge - Choose 2 (I chose hearts and flowers) 
Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Favorite Combo (embossing + patterned paper) 
Through the Craft Room Door Challenge Week of Feb 14th - Anything Goes


I haven't posted a picture of Laila lately, have I?nd
Here's one of us working on a project at her day care's Grandparents Day Open House.
 
Before I close this post, I'd like to show you the cards I made this morning at a Stampin' Up class taught by Jan Hoyt.


We used the Misti stamp positioner on this last card.  I had never used one before.  I liked it.  But... you have to be careful not to bump your paper if you are restamping or it gets a bit fuzzy like my right border.  (Not to worry!  I did some fiddling when I got home and it's all better now!)

 
 Lunchtime!
Anyone for a tuna salad sandwich? 

12 comments:

  1. What a fun card and it looks like you are having fun with your GD too. Thanks so much for taking part at OLL. Lynn x DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the large number digi stamp is inspiring. I feel a spend coming on. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL Challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing these cards each year Debi, they have all been gorgeous but I think this years may be my favourite. I love the pretty patterned papers you used and the sweet embossing folder. The lacy edge around the centre panel is lovely and adds a nice girly touch to the card. I'm sure Laila is going to love it!
    The three Stamping Up cards you made at your class look wonderful, I particularly like the magnolia flower.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun image. GORgeous colours and I'm sure your Great grand daughter will Love it too. I've been to look at your other two cards. One cute bear and a bunny too! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lucky granddaughter will have a nice collection for a scrapbook! Your card is gorgeous. I am really liking the embossing folder with the large dots - as well as the beautiful frame. Thanks for joining the QKR Stampede weekly Anything Goes challenge - with the twist of embossing. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really fun card for a 3 year old Debi. One for the scrapbook :O). Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
    (Hugs) Cara
    Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's a perfect card for a 3 year old - she'll love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at crafty cardmakers this time.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and beautiful card! Thank you such for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card for your pretty granddaughter. It's a great idea.
    Thank you so much for joininng it with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

    Hugs,
    Yanti

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute indeed!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fun card and so cute. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun design. Loe the details with the cute sheep and embossing. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.