Thursday, February 20, 2014

Care for a Cup?

I found this tea cup on my messy craft/dining room table.  It was stamped, fussy cut, and clear embossed.  When did I do that?  Why do I do that, and not use it?  Before it got buried again, I decided to give it a home.  The current sketch at Glitter N Sparkle helped provide just that.
I used a scalloped square punch for the corner pieces, a scalloped border punch for the one horizontal strip, to which I added some faux stitching, and spellbinder dies for the scalloped oval and sentiment die cut, which is distressed and has a touch of faux stitching also. The stamps I used and the bling are all CTMH. And I debossed the background.

I am submitting this card to the following:
Creative Knockouts Challenge #25 - No Square Cards
Digi Stamps 4 Joy Challenge #86 - Use Dies or Punches
The Paper Shelter Challenge #146 - Punches and Dies
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #165 - Lots of Layers
Amusing Challenges - Use 6 or more papers
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #66 - Build It Up
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #194 - Pack a Punch + Sentiment
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #72 - Sketch
 

Crafting Vicky is celebrating 500 followers with an awesome giveaway.  She does amazing work.  No wonder she has that many followers.  I wish I had 500 followers (Hint! Hint!).  Anyway, check out the details on Crafting Vicky's blog.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome, Debi! You did a great job with the sketch! I am always in awe of how you use up your leftovers from other projects. Mine seem to get put away for "later" and then never used. Happy Friday to the great grandmother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and I've done the same thing. Color something and put it aside, forget about it, find it and think "oh my, I better do something with this right now." I found a bunny I colored last April a couple of weeks ago and so my Easter card for this year is half made. hahahaha! Thanks so much for listing your products so I didn't have to guess if you had Punches AND Dies which is our challenge this week. You made my job easy. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week and I hope to see more of your artwork in the future! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real pretty card, great way to use forgotten pieces. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab make Debi, thanks for joining us at TPS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment, Debi! I could do with a warm cuppa right about now. :-D BTW, there's a shout out and link to your blog on my post in the morning so be sure to check it out. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet looking card. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.