Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Oh Happy Day!!!! and CTMH Card Workshop 2/11/14

My laptop has returned and is working superbly! 
3 Cheers for Danny!!!

********************
There is a plethora of challenges right now with valentine/love themes.  
This card will be entered in just a few.


I taught card class for a group of ladies who belong to the Red Hat Society on Monday.  We get together every few months and make 4 cards using lots of red and purple, hat stamps, feathers and lots of bling.  Since we were meeting right before Valentine's Day, they asked me if they could make an iris fold heart card.  I had several papers from which they could choose and worked up samples so they would see how the finished heart would look.  This was one of the samples (using some Red Hat gift wrapping paper I found) which I later mounted onto embossed red CS, on purple CS, on a white card base.  That's washi tape up the left side under the red/white baker's twine.  I added some bling and a stamped sentiment to finish off the card.    Below are a few more sample iris folds which eventually will find their way onto cards.  For now they have been added to the 'stash'.
Here are the challenges into which I am entering the card above:
Fab n Funky Challenge #203 - Love/Valentine
The Stamp N Doodle Challenge #6 - Valentine's Day/Love
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - A Touch of Red (I used 2 EF and my cuttlebug to do the embossing on the red and cream CS pieces.  The heart shape was cut with the cricut.)
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Valentine (The purple patterned wrapping paper I used for the iris folded heart has to be at least 10 years old!)
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #138 - Oh, Shiny! (The cream aperture paper has a glossy finish.)
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #197 - i Heart you (I used the CTMH Art Philsophy cartridge)

Below are the cards we made this week at Joyce's CTMH card workshop. 
Joyce used the layouts from the card making kit that was on special last month but instead of using the papers in the kit, we used the new papers that just came out in the Close to My Heart Spring/Summer catalog.  They are gorgeous!






14 comments:

  1. Your cards are super, I really like the embossed metallic paper on the very first one! Thank for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your iris folds - I have been wanting to get back to this style for awhile - it was one of the first styles I did when I started making cards, and I am still so enamoured with iris folds. Your card is gorgeous - love your embossing - and the washi tape with twine down the edge looks great. Your other workshop cards are beautiful too - so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and very happy you got your laptop back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your iris fold heart. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cards, thanksfor joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, it's years since I've done iris fold! So loved that, may just have a go again! A lovely Valentine to share with us at an OBAG, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at TPS and good luck :)
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining in with our Touch of Red challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the folding...so so pretty Thanks for joining in at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is so pretty, the way you folded the papers in the center is so elegant! Thanks for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Valentine's day creation!
    Thanks for playing along Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun bunch of cards! And hurray for a working computer :) Thanks so much for coming to play at Shopping our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah!!! I know what it's like to have you lap top away at the members. I love the technique of Iris Folding, it looks wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamp n' Doodle, please come again for new and exciting Challenges.

    Anne-Marie x x

    P.S. Are you aware that we here at Stamp 'n' Doodle are having a DT Call, all you have to do is email me, the email address is lilybette@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Iris folding cards. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Shelter hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.