Friday, February 14, 2014

Sealed with a Kiss

 
Happy Valentine's Day!
Cookies for Everyone!
Well, anyone that trudges through the 16+ inches of snow we got yesterday and knocks on my back door.
I have 4 very faithful neighborhood children that appear every now and then for a cookie.   Yesterday while it was still snowing I had a knock on my door. (I heard their laughter as they came across the yard in all that snow before they made it to the door, so I knew they were coming!)  First, Dominic very politely asked how my day was going.  Luke quickly followed that up with, do you have any cookies?  I was down to the last half dozen in the cookie jar and told them if I gave them each a cookie I'd have to bake more today.  They were fine with that, took a cookie, thanked me, and returned this afternoon before I even had all the cookies out of the oven.
Although we did get a lot more snow, we were fortunate not to lose power or any trees, and that our wonderful neighbor cleared our driveway with his snowblower. 
*****************

I thought I'd try making a more masculine Valentine's Day card using this adorable pair of seals, 
a digi image by Kris at Imagine That.
Instead of bright red, I used a barn red, some die cuts I found on my table and just a touch of bling.  The DP, sentiment stamp, and cricut cartridge I used for the die cuts are all from CTMH.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
A Creative Romance Challenge - Let's Get Sentimental
The Alphabet Challenge - A for Always and Forever
Digi Haven Challenge - Valentine's Day, Love/Cherish/Adore
The Stamping Boutique Challenge #4 - Valentine/Love Card
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #206 - Valentine/Love
Aud Sentiments Challenge #100 - Bingo (3 word sentiment, die cuts, texture)
Cardz 4 Guys Challenge #4 - Truly, Madly, Deeply
Cutie Pie Challenge #62 - My Cutie Valentine

14 comments:

  1. Your cookies look yummy! Your card is cute too - sweet image! Love your heart die-cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little story. Love your "sealed with a kiss" - though that ought to have been the sentiment! Love the more subdued colors, nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pair of seals.Those cookies look yummy, lucky kids. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! A delightful masculine Valentine's Day Card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge,
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute, thanks for sharing at ACR
    HUGZ Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look amazing, yum yum. A different card with your seals, it's a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love that digi.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cute image and your cookies looked yummy. Thanks for playing long at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! Love your cookies and your card! Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card - the hearts are awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. Thanks for playing along with The Stamping Boutique! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute little card. Your little neighbors must think you are quite the baker! What a great compliment. Thanks for sharing with Aud Sentiments!

    kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure which red I love more, Debi, the red sugar on the cookies or the barn red on your card. :-D I do like the card, though, and I think the deeper red is perfect. Now, may I have a cookie, please?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card,
    Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet challenge
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.