Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge


The theme of this week's 
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge # 183
 is
 Meljen's Designs Winged Fairy Tales. 
 
And from the moment I first saw this winged pig, I knew I would use it for my Design Team card. 

Actually, the way this winter has been, I considered a snowy card with the sentiment, It will stop snowing ... when pigs fly.  Yes, we are supposed to get some more of that white stuff today.  Boo. Hiss.  But it's bad enough having a couple foot of snow outside.  So I went in another direction.

I printed the If Pigs Could Fly image from Meljen's Designs on white CS and then used a scalloped oval die cut on both the image and the DP, creating a bit of a frame in the card base color.  (The Designer Paper came from my friend Sybilla's stash.  I was so happy when I got her email which simply said, 'Eureka, I found it'. Thanks Sybilla!)  I distressed the edges of the smaller oval with twilight ink, and made matching pig tails around it on the pink card base.  The sentiment was cut from the opposite side of the DP and also edged in the twilight ink.  Then I adhered some homespun ric-rac to the base and mounted the sentiment on top.  A simple knot of homespun ribbon finished it off. 

I hope you'll have time to check out the other wonderful creations made by the other gals on Tuesday Throwdown Design Team B and also to play in this week's challenge.  Also, try to take a moment to browse through the terrific digital images available from Meljen's Designs Digital Stamps

*****************************

I promised yesterday to post a couple pictures of some of the crocheted baby items I've been making in anticipation of my great grandddaughter's entrance into our world, snowy though it may be.
First, a cocoon in which to bring her home:
(this is so soft)
a baby blanket and teeny, tiny matching hat


My granddaughter wanted purples for the baby.  It's not easy finding purple baby yarns.

I'm working on the edging of another blanket, so I'll show you that one later.  
Maybe, by then, they'll be a tiny little one wrapped up in it.

5 comments:

  1. Love your flying pig card - cute pig DP and love the rikrak! Your baby creations are just beautiful - can't wait to see your new little great-granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hun love the flying pig really made me smile - great job - have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this image, Debi, and almost wish now that I had also used it! Great paper and I love the doodles around the image mat. Very creative. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Debi!! I love the perfect dp to go with that cutie flying pig :) Pretty and makes you laugh too! Your crocheted creations for your great granddaughter are beautiful, especially love the little hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crochet items for your new great granddaughter. Certainly looks so soft and cuddly. Love your flying pig too lol. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.