Saturday, November 11, 2017

Day #12 of Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards

When you were a kid, did you ever hear the alternate lyrics to 
We Three Kings?  I can remember singing it, but not within earshot of my mother or the choir director.
It went something like this:
We Three Kings of Orient Far
Smoking on a rubber cigar
It was loaded, it exploded.
and I just can't remember the last line.
But I think I'll always remember the words of the traditional Christmas carol. It is one of my favorites.
You might be wondering what brought this to mind.
Today I've made a card with The Three Kings and a Nativity, to satisfy the "k" requirement for Day # 12 of Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards Challenge.
 The colored digi images are from Beccy's Digital Stamp Set The Nativity.  The stamped sentiment is a CTMH stamp.

Challenges:
Beccy's Place November Challenge - Day #12 "K" 

Path of Positivity Challenge #53 -  Anything Positive Goes, option: surround yourself with music
City Crafter Challenge #387 - Love and Peace, Man
QKR Stampede Challenge #269 - Touch of Gold (I used gold foil tape and gold and white ribbon.)
Crafty Catz Challenge #392 - No patterned paper


I'll be back tomorrow with a card featuring something beginning with "L".


8 comments:

  1. We used to sing a lot of those childish rhymes too Debi, but not that one... I've never heard it before. I'm sure there will be someone who can help fill in that last line for you though.
    The sentiment panel you added beneath the nativity scene is fabulous... all the wonderful things we hope for, particularly at this time of year. I like the textured ribbon you used for the bow, it looks fabulous.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely nativity scene. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely , traditional card. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, you are so funny! I do remember that little song but unfortunately not the last line. I asked Brian - he never heard this alternate version and was mortified when I sang it! Oooops! Beautiful card, my friend, and thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created such a lovely scene with the nativity and the 3 kings - great coloring. Thanks for sharing in the weekly QKR Stampede challenge. Dorothy S, DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I remember those lyrics and like you, I never sang them in front of the choir director! hahaha Beautiful card and the perfect depiction of that lovely carol! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I remember singing that, too, but unfortunately don't remember the last line, either! Thanks for joining us this month at the Path of Positivity. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.