Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Practicing my shabby chic style + CTMH Workshop 4/1/14

After Easter last year, I found this bunny silhouette on clearance somewhere.  I thought I could use it to practice my shabby chic style.  First I stamped it with versamark and then used some SNS antiquities embossing powder to heat emboss it.  I did the same with the CTMH sentiment.  I drug the edges of the sentiment piece and top of the pink DP through the versamark pad and lightly embossed that as well.  The rest of the card pretty much self explanatory.  The flowers were in some blog candy I recently won.   My daughter picked up an old jar filled with old buttons for me at an online yard sale over a year ago and these happened to match perfectly.  I threaded them with a bit of twine and then made a tiny twine bow, too.

So how did I do with the shabby chic thing?  I'm looking for helpful hints.  Looking at the card now, I think it could use some distressing or embossing along the punched border edges and maybe a bit on the flowers. 

I am entering this card in these challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
2 Cute Ink Challenge #103 - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers #113 - You've Been Framed
Sparkle N Sprinkle April Challenge - Anything Goes with glitter, embossing powder or flock
Scribble and Scrap Challenge #15 - Always Anything Goes

 

Here are the cards we made yesterday at Joyce's CTMH card workshop.  The first was a very simple card and the second was not so simple the first time, but the next one won't be as confusing.  Our question is, when you send a fancy fold card like this one, or the card in a box, and even an easel fold - how do the recipients know how to open and put it together for display?  Do you include instructions?

front of card assembled for display

partially opened

inside when opened

back when opened

 
Today is our pinochle day.  Last month the boys beat Aunt Bess and I all 3 games.  Hope our luck is better this afternoon.

14 comments:

  1. Great cards Debi! Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes Challenge at 2 Cute Ink! Hope we see you again soon! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shabby chic card. That ribbon is beautiful and the little bunny is just sooooo cute. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, very cute! Love your cute bunny and the gold embossing! I'm going to practice my shabby chic style too - stay tuned :-) Your workshop cards are cute too - I especially like the simplicity of the first one. As for your question on the second one, I always wonder the same thing. I have a little instruction label to attach to the back of easel cards but I don't know about the other styles - I guess I don't make enough of these fancy folded cards LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your wonderful Silhouette card with us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter card..glad you have joined Loves Rubberstamps,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Debi! Your Easter card is wonderful - feels so country-shabby-chic-darling-homy all at once! Sweet design! Looks like you enjoyed a fun class, too! Now to put on my other hat. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Easter card is so pretty. That embossing powder is one of my favorites. So glad you joined us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shabby chic card, thankyou for joining us over at the Scribble And Scrap Challenge - hugs Lynn DT :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh these are all so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creations! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, and the perfect Easter creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Jeannie Thomas
    TTCRD Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, the ribbon is gorgeous and your laying looks great. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shabby Chic is something I have yet to master and I just love what you've done with this card, Debi. Love the fancy folds and the border punched pieces on the front. That lace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.