Sunday, April 13, 2014

Scribble and Scrap


Today I am honored to have a GDT spot for
 Scribble and Scrap's Challenge #16. 

I chose this photo from one of Scribble and Scrap's  vintage photo sheets to be the focus of my card.  

 
My first thought when I saw this photo was to make a get well card.  Then I got to packaging some cards for Operation Write Home, and thinking about all the deployed US servicemen and women, and I decided to make it into a Father's Day card. I think this would make a wonderful card for a daughter to send her father, especially if he was serving his country away from home. 

I distressed all the pieces of this card, tearing and curling some of the edges.  I frayed a bit of the burlap (CTMH) and used the strings for the bow and to tie the tiny envelope charm onto the popped sentiment.  The canvas ribbon across the front is by Darice.


Thinking of my own Dad, who will have passed 4 years ago in August, I computer generated both the outside and inside sentiments.  I'll set this card aside to give to my cousin, Nancy, for her Dad.  She is kind enough to sell some of the things I make in her Milkhouse Shop at the Old Home Farm where we played together as children.  Fifty years ago it smelled like cows.  Today it smells of the wonderful soaps her brother makes there.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Sister Act Card Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique Challenge #12 - Distress It
It's All About the Vintage Challenge #66 - Shabby Chic
Fairies Challenge #22 - Shabby Chic or Vintage
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #127 - Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #24 - Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and sentiment! Love the burlap! Congrats on your GDT! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vintage card, Debi! I love the burlap. Great job making a masculine card out of such a feminine image. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is super nice wawww ♥

    Thanks for joining us at It’s all about the vintage and beauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty vintage inspiered card! Thanks you for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card!
    I love the monochromatic colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at It's All About the Vintage & Beauty!
    Hugs Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 24: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...this is such a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at It's all about the vintage and beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.