Friday, April 25, 2014

Just ducky!

It is pouring outside right now.  Perfect weather for posting a duck card.

I just couldn't resist buying this cute duck paper.  I paired it with a few scraps that were on the table to make this anniversary card.  The light blue pieces were recycled from packaging material.  I knew they'd eventually come in handy.   I used the new CTMH paper piercing guide for the designs.    The sentiment is also CTMH.

These ducks will be swimming into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas Challenge #85 - Earth Friendly
Simply Create Too Challenge #60 - Stack em Up (at least 2 layers)
Sister Act Card Challenge #54 - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
Divas by Design Challenge - Let's go to the Movies  -  This card was inspired by the movie "On Golden Pond".  I remembered them listening to the call of the loons on the pond, and saying that loons mated for life.  I figured the duck paper was perfect for an anniversary card.  Then I googled loons and whether or not they mated for life.  They actually don't.  So inside the card I put ....  Loons don't really mate for life.... mating for life makes you looney.
Inky Impressions Challenge #156 -  Recycle it
The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge - Things with wings
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #148 - Happy Earth Day


11 comments:

  1. LOL ... yep rain & ducks ... perfect! What a cute creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINGS WITH WINGS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing myself silly over your inside sentiment, Debi ! Too funny. Adorable paper and I love how you pierced those different CS pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, and great papers, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little bird background paper so cute! Thanks for joining Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation...thanks for all your research....LOL....thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous and perfect for our Diva's by Design Challenge. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Hugs Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the duck paper! Very cute! Thanks for playing along at Simply Create Too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's packaging? Looks like card stock to me! :) I'm glad we encouraged you to use some of your stash - thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!! I save everything too, I know I will use it someday :)
    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions Challenges
    Ruthie ~DT
    http://www.myhobbymyart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy card! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Knockouts but please remind that if you want to be eligible to win the price you can only combine up to 8 challenges...
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.