Friday, April 18, 2014

Are your tulips up?

My tulips are just poking through the ground.  They always seem to be later than the hyacinths and daffodils, both are blooming already.  And I'm so happy to see some buds on the lilac bush I started about 3 years ago from a tiny twig.  The magnolia trees' flowers, unfortunately, are all brown from our overnight freezing temps the last few days.  I actually had to wear long underwear to my grandson's baseball game on Wednesday evening.  That's just not right!  

  Perhaps this cute springy card will warm someone up, until the temperatures take over.

 
Gerde Steiner supplied this perky chick digi image for use in her current challenge.   For the butterfly hello I used a stamp I recently received with one of my magazines.  And the dotted DP was a freebie from another magazine.  I used markers to do the coloring and add the faux stitching.  

I am entering this card in the following:
Gerde Steiner 6th Freebie Digital Stamp Design Challenge
Craft for the Craic April Challenge - Easter/Spring
Cards in Envy Challenge - A2 Easter
Crafty Catz Challenge #227 - B is for....  butterfly and broken egg
Creative Corner Challenge - What's in a Name?  My name is Debi and I've used Dotted Designer paper, a Digi image, Dotted Embossing Folder, and a Darn cute chick.
Polkadoodles Challenge Week 16 - Springtime
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge 15 - Use a stamp/digi image
As You Like It Challenge - Stitching, Real or Faux?  I prefer using faux stitching since it's so much easier for a quick card than getting my sewing machine out of the closet.

Speaking of quick cards....  I wanted to show you a cute Easter card from one of my friends.
She said it was a kit from Kim's card kits.  

 

14 comments:

  1. I like the little chick and the colours you have used and you have shown us what can be achieved be using 'freebies'. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE card!!! I love the colors and the 'Spring' feel!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little chick is adorable! He puts a smile on my face! Nice bunny card that your friend made too! My tulips are not up yet. Crocuses and one surviving hycacinth, and the daffodil greenery is making its way up. We've had winter temps here again for the last few days so I feel sorry for the spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us in our spring challenge at http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, love the digi image.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely bright and cheery card with us at AYLI. Great faux stitching!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards! Love them both! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, what a cute card. The image is adorable. Hope you get some warm weather soon & thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute batch of easter cards!!!! thanks soo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card...
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, LOVE the polka dot paper with the Swiss Dot embossing! Fun ribbon. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card and i love the fun spring colors. Such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week and hope to see you again. Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw such a sweet image! Lovely colours and layout. Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great creation thank you for joining in at Polkadoodles. Have a great day and Keeeeeeeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.