Thursday, April 3, 2014

Remember when ....


Remember when the stores had baby chicks dyed all different colors on sale at Easter time?  One year my brothers and I each got one.  My dad made a little chicken house for them.  As they got older the dye on their baby feathers disappeared and they were just regular messy chickens.  My older brother's chick, which he named Superman, turned out to be a very annoying noisy rooster.  It wasn't long before our three birds joined those on the farm down the road, permanently.
 

This paper reminds me of those adorable multicolored chicks in the store window downtown. 
The basket of eggs is a digi image from Paper Smooches and I will be entering this card in the current Paper Smooches SPARKS week 5 Challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes.

And, while I still have a few more moments for posting, I'll enter it in these challenges also:
Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge #21 - Pastels and Polka Dots
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge - Pastel Colors for Kids

This card was mailed to SAS4K yesterday with a bunch more.  
I have another pile of cards almost ready to send to Operation Write Home.
What do you do with your cards?

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet Easter card! Love the colored eggs! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee..Love that story! We got baby chicks for EASTER one year too. And my chick was the annoying rooster. They found new homes at an amusement park that had chicken running all over! LOL! I love the card you created. The paper is so cute!! Thanks so much for the smile and for entering my challenge! Scrappy hugs, Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.