Thursday, December 26, 2013

CAS Christmas Card

My one grandson fell in love with my cuttlebug machine a few years ago when I helped him make a school project.  He had to build some kind of Mesopotamian temple and we used a small block patterned EF on beige paper and added some distressing in a bit darker ink to make it look like blocks of sand.  Yesterday, in the midst of the Christmas mayhem, he asked me if I ever needed help cuttlebugging things.  Because he would be happy to come over and help.  

I must admit, I'm a bit in love with the machine myself.  And I have a difficult time resisting when I come across an EF I don't have.  The folder I used for this card is just fantastic for a CAS card.

I am entering this in these great challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge # 176 - Last minute card or one never shown
Drunken Stampers Challenge #155 - Embossing
Less is More Challenge #151 - Use a previous challenge theme (I used Challenge #111 - Frame It)
613 Avenue Create Challenge #51 - Anything Goes w/ no twist this week
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #72 - Lovely Wishes
Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap Challenge #8 - Always Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #186- Anything Xmas Goes
Creative Corner Challenge - Clean and Simple

12 comments:

  1. Great card! I totally get where your grandson is coming from, my 11 year old son will emboss or cut anything I let him with the cuttlebug! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week for the Embossing challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Debi. Yes, I admit - I have an embossing addiction too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous! Thanks for joining at ATSC: Lovely Wishes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossing folder and I love that poinsettia! I would be lost without my Cuttlebug! It's nice to have a young assistant to help out LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so lucky - my kids were briefly infatuated & then moved on. The dog, though, uses it as a head rest when she's under the desk :) Love the shimmery paper! Thanks so much for playing with us at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Loved the story about your grandson. My grandson was so infatuated with my Big Shot and my dies, that I bought a little Cuttle Kids Die cutting machine for him. He doesn't use it so much anymore (he's 9yrs old now and prefers to us his Copics) but I have two granddaughters who will get to enjoy it now.

    I love the embossing on your project and the placement of the sentiment. Nice use of line, space, placement and color! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 156 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both my grandkids think the Cuttlebug is rather magic, too. :) Such an elegant Christmas card, with beautiful embossing. So glad you joined us at Drunken Stampers for the embossing challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Christmas card. I love the sentiment and colour combo.

    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card... the deep rich red works so perfect against the white....

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

    Sandy S
    (Sentimental Sundays DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, elegant CAS card.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry I'm so ridiculously late in visiting your card for our Christmas challenge!
    This is lovely but sadly you have linked it to too many challenges for us at Less is More"
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.