Friday, December 20, 2013

I didn't know!


Not long ago, while at one of my favorite discount stores, I purchased an Opalite stamp pad in Glacier Blue at a relatively cheap price.  Upon getting home, I quickly popped it out of it's plastic wrapping, opened it.  The pad wasn't blue, glacier or otherwise.  It was simply white.  I thought I'd wasted my money.  I was really looking for a nice light blue.  Perhaps it had been mislabeled or was very old.  I had bought it at a discount store, after all.  I tried stamping something on a sheet of white paper.  Nope, that didn't work.  Then I looked at the stamp pad closer.  What I had purchased was a reflective interference pigment ink that was meant to be used on dark paper.  So I got out a sheet of black paper and tried stamping with it again.  Lo and behold, this time I could see ink and it did look glacier blue on the black!  And I liked it!!!  That's what I used to stamped this beautiful image of the Holy Family by Stampers Best.  

I'll be entering this Christmas card in the following challenges:
Crafter's Cafe Challenge #42 - Make it Sparkle
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #176 - What Christmas Means to You




13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I didn't know either. One thing about this hobby is that you can not possibly keep abreast with everything or even get it tried. This card is magnificent, 100% outstanding. Thank you for joining us today at Word Art Wednesday with your fabulous art.
    Advent Blessings of Hope, Peace and Joy,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Isn't it fantastic when what we feel was a bad purchase turns into something extraordinary! This ink is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by and sharing with us at Twist of Faith!
    Tracey, DT Twist of Faith Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and image. When given lemons make lemonade. :) Great job! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - so neat about the ink! This almost looks like you wet-embossed - so pretty! Love your sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Debi, love the scene and the elegance of this card hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi, I've never heard of such ink but this is stunning! Now I wish it was available everywhere. :-D I'm so glad you decided to play at Tuesday Throwdown this time.
    NanaConnie DT (<----- me, in my DT hat)
    We're having a DT call, also. Why don't you think about applying?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang woman! Aren't you glad you kept investigating? That is quite a find! It is elegant and beautiful and PEACEFUL! Perfect sentiment for it. Thanks for sharing your project in the “Christmas + Sentiment” Challenge.
    ~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty outcome Debi. Bet you're glad you persisted! I sure am and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Twist of Faith. Your purchase did turn out to make an amazing image. What a great discovery! It goes well with the silver glitter paper, too. I especially love your image - May Christ be your real treasure this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it too!!! :) What a neat effect!! I'm glad you didn't just toss the ink pad (like I would have done). Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Twist of Faith for our "Nativity" challenge! Merry Christmas!!!
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. So glad you tried it again! Thank you for joining in this weeks Twist of Faith Nativity challenge.
    Princess DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful story...It happens to me from time to time. I get so excited when I see items on clearance that I don't read on the label/description further. But your stamp sure worked great. Love that subtle image. So glad you joined us at Word Art Wednesday this week. A Blessed CHRISTmas to you and leaving you with the Word of God in 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 which tell us, "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." Hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, my dear Debi - You and I both took a Top 5 spot over at Tuesday Throwdown - Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.