Sunday, December 1, 2013

O Christmas Tree

I suppose it's time to think about venturing into the land of spiders to retrieve our artificial Christmas Tree from the crawl space under the house.  As I am less than 5 ft. tall, there is no actual crawling involved.  Caution, however, is required.  I once hit my head on one of the joists, knocked myself right on my derriere, and watched the room spin for a while.  It was then that I wondered how long I might remain in the crawl space had I totally knocked myself out before anyone would discover my spiderweb covered body.  Not relishing the prospect, I am much more respectful of those head crushing joists and a bit less anxious to enter into the depths of our house. 

To get myself in the Christmas Tree spirit, I've made this card is for the November Recipe Challenge at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog.  The recipe includes 1 ribbon, 2 layers, and 3 papers.  I've used a new Bugaboo digi called Make It Snappy - O Christmas Tree.
 
And these are the other challenges into which I am entering this card:
2 Sisters Challenge # 172 - Anything Goes
52 Christmas Card Throwdown November Challenge - Pick a Previous Theme (Sept 2013- Trees)
Allsorts Challenge Week 235 - Inspired by a Christmas Song or Carol (O Christmas Tree)
My Sheri Craft Challenge #124 - Funky Christmas
Cards in Envy - Punch It! Challenge
Jo's Scrapshack Fun Friday Challenge #28 - Get in the Spirit!
Stampin for the Weekend Challenge - Feeling Festive
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #195 - Ho, Ho, Holidays
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #72 - Anything Goes with Ribbons

Well, the card making didn't inspire me to drag out the tree.  Maybe a local Christmas Concert will.
TTFN






12 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun card! LOVE all the trees and I adore the bright colors you used! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: We've got a blog hop/DT call going on at House of Cards--I'd LOVE for you to join us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute card and LOVE the fun tree images!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debi, just popping by to say Congrats on your win over at the Squirrel and the Fox! Way to go, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely Christmas trees on your card! A really bright, festive card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    BTW - take care getting your tree out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with us over at my Sheri crafts this time. Nice retro feel to your card.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I can identify with you on the less than 5 ft (I'm 4'11") part and the part of going into the "crawl" space with all the spiders. lol Your card is adorable! I love the papers you used, love the colored trees and the embossing on your PP! Thanks for joining us at JFFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. I hope you will come and play with us this week too! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous festive card Debi. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Inspired by a Christmas Song/Carol challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fun card! I like your side border. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join our November Recipe Challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite thing about this card is the bright and cheery colors. That's a really cute image and I like how you coordinated the papers too. thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.