Saturday, December 7, 2013

Holiday Chaos Celebration at Catch the Bug - Dec. 7th + Thanksgiving Bingo Story



This is my last card for the Holiday Chaos Celebration at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog.  Today's challenge is Anything Goes For Christmas.  I'm using a Bugaboo Image called AKV Santa - Presents found here.  It's been a fun Celebration at Catch the Bug.  Hope you've enjoyed my week of posts as much as I've enjoyed the challenge of making all the different projects.  Their Christmas in July Challenge is soooo far away.

I've also made this card with Penny's Paper Crafty Bingo/Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #156 in mind because I have a cute Thanksgiving story to tell you.

 
I used the diagonal line : Bow, Glitter, Card Candi.
I am also entering the card in some of my favorite challenges:
Cards in Envy Challenge - Tag You're It  (There's even a tag on my tag.)
My Heart Pieces Challenge - Sparkle
DRS Designs Challenge #99 - Glitter It Up
As You Like It Challenge #16 - Favorite Digi and Why (I totally love every Bugaboo Digi because of the boldness of the designs and ease in coloring.  I especially love their freebies, like this one.)


And here's my Thanksgiving Bingo Story:

After Thanksgiving dinner, while the adults were still sitting around the table and my grandsons (ages 7,9,12,&14, give or take a few days/months) were having a somewhat rowdy time downstairs unsupervised, I asked the boys if they'd like to come upstairs to play a game of Thanksgiving Bingo. 

I had picked up a cute set of Bingo cards with Thanksgiving themed items on the cards instead of the usual numbers.  With a pile of pennies in the middle of the table (the instructions suggested using candy corn-makes my teeth hurt and my mouth water at the same time), the boys all wanted to play.



Matthew, the youngest, won the first game.  I pulled a half-dollar out of my pocket and gave it to him for his prize.  He took one look and said very enthusiastically, "Goodie! Chocolate!"  He was rather disappointed to learn it was only money.  

Matthew won the second game, too.  His prize was a hug from his great-grammy.  The older boys hooted and hollered over this one.  But Matthew graciously accepted the hug, and my mother was very happy to give it. 

AJ, the oldest won the third game.  He was awarded a bottle of mustard from the refrigerator, which was met with howls of laughter.  When his mother told me he didn't like mustard, I traded him for a kit-kat bar. 

Nick won the next game, jumped up and and eagerly asked for the mayonnaise as his prize.  He  had definitely joined the spirit of the game.  I gave him a Sacajawea $1 coin.  How fitting for Thanksgiving?  The significance was lost on him, I'm afraid.  He gave it to his dad.

It took 7 games until Daeton won and was awarded with anything he wanted from the snack drawer.  When his eyes got big, I quickly specified "ONE" of anything in the drawer.  But had he wanted one whole package of Oreos, this Nana would certainly have given it to him anyway.

What a fun way to save my family room from certain destruction while the adults had some time for their dinners to settle before heading for the dessert table.  Next year, I think the adults will be playing, too.  I already have some interesting ideas for prizes.

So in the spirit of Bingo, I decided to make a card to enter in the  Bingo Challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Love the shiny green tag behind the image. Thanks for playing along at Bugaboo in our Holiday Chaos challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layers and textures of your creation. The design is great! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Holiday Chaos!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your bingo story - made me smile - so much fun you all had - and lots of laughs!

    Your card is another cutie - I get a kick out of Bugaboo images. Love your shiny paper used here too. Good luck in the chaos challenge draws - can't wait to see if you are one of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design and fab digi. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us over at AYLI. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun card and story! Love the tag and tag on the tag card! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the embossed metallic green paper. Thanks for playing along at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card with a tag! I love your design and the embossing! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that tag!! Great card! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun card and love the shimmery shine on it!!! thanks soo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun card,love the shine. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.