Monday, July 13, 2015

Later Gator!

Our grandsons have gone home, and I had time to make this very simple card for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #116, using the colors for the Color My Hear Color Dare Challenge #150, and the Life's a Beach theme at Heart 2 Heart Challenge before starting dinner.

This CTMH stamp set is pretty old, but still makes a cute card. When we were in Florida last February, it was fun going for walks and seeing these fellas sunning themselves on the beaches.  Can't wait to do it again next year.

*********
Matt kept me pretty busy this afternoon.  He had decided before arriving that he wanted to make a pillow for one of his stuffed animals.   And wasn't it convenient that my sewing machine was still set up on the table!  First we had a few lessons on how the machine works and how to thread it.   Then we had a little practice following lines and controlling the foot pressure on the pedal.
After practicing sewing in a square and turning corners, sewing on the fleece fabric we had found was easy.  Next came the stuffing.  
I was allowed to hand sew the opening closed.  
And lickety split, Matt had his pillow!


Next project was a memory box for his stuff.
Of course, it had to have a Minion. 
Matt says he draws the best Minions in his class.  They went to see the new movie on Friday, and he said it was awesome.

 This was followed by a walk to find the geocache box hidden in the woods not far from here.  And we still had time for him to beat me in a game of Qwirkle.
What did Nick do while Matt and I were so busy?  He watched baseball videos, played catch with my DH and ate like a growing 10 year old.

Speaking of eating... I'd best get dinner started now.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. And that card is too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like one of you had mojo overflowing, Debi! I love the pillow and the Minion. Both are so cute. :-D Your alligator ain't bad, either, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love all of the embossing... thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! The texture looks great and the sentiment...is just perfect. Thank you for playing with us at H2H!

    H2H Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you combined my two favorite challenges. That alligator is just so cute. I love how you used both embossing and debossing on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Dare and AHSC.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! Love how you did the sentiment. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! You used the colors very well. I love that stamp set, it's one of my favorites! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a busy girl! Thanks for sharing the adorable alligator card with us at Heart2Heart Challenges!

    Paige - Stampologist.com
    Heart2Heart DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a busy day- my boys love minions too! That card is super cute, thanks for sharing it with us at H2H and AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I like that you used both sides of the embossed panels and just a hint of color on the borders. Thanks for joining the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! Love the alligator eyes. Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving that alligators little teeth and beadie eyes! So cute! Glad you were able to play along at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card, I love that little alligator, so adorable! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your alligator card, too cute! Glad you could link up with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.