Friday, September 13, 2013

Vintage Birthday for my Older Brother + Back to School



The My Grafico's Steampunk Digi Set has this great pocket watch image.  But I goofed when I made up the text document and, without realizing it before printing, had accidently cut off the bottom half.  It then became a challenge, as I am not one to discard things, paper especially.  I did some rummaging in my paper box and found this great paper, flowered on one side and vintage school days images (row of clocks and alphabet letter blocks 'HI') on the back.  I pounced some CTMH brown bag and barn red ink on the clock face and added a CTMH kraft border on the bottom.  This will be going to my brother for his birthday.  I still have 2 weeks to come up with a witty sentiment for inside.  As is, it's a great male card for any occasion.

Challenges into which I am entering this card:
Crafty Creations Challenge #239 - Get Krafty
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #62 - It's a Male Thing
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #63 - Masculine Cards


And while I had this paper out, I decided to make a simple, masculine 'Back to School' card using a CTMH apple with sentiment stamp in barn red ink.


for these challenges:
Cuttin and Stampin Weekly Challenge #36 - Back to School
Ribbon Carousel Challenge #85 - It's Back to School Time
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge - Add a Bow


I think I'm going to bake today.  The cookie jar is empty.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. totally fabulous and stylish! love the look!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card and tag, Debi! Looks great! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab. love the colour combo. Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are marvelous, Debi! Love the neutral colors and that background paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards, Debi!! Love how you saved the cut off image in the first. It looks like it was meant to be link that. Thanks for you kind words on my twine flower tutorial. So glad you have figured them out. Please let me know when you post a project with them. I'd love to see!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cuttin and Stampin! Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week,
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both cards. The vintage card for your brother is just awesome. I like how you used the same papers and punch on both cards and they are for completely different things. Great creativity.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.