Friday, September 27, 2013

Waste not....

Please make sure you read to the bottom of the post for a very important announcement!


I used the advertising sheet of paper from the front of a pack of CS for the bottom portion of this AnyHero card which is headed to Operation Write Home.  The die cuts are from the new CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  And I used a border punch for the burgundy strip in the middle.  
 
A Quick and Easy card for the following challenges:
Crafter's Companion September Challenge - Embossing 
Natalie's & Amy's Challenge #12 - Embossing
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Die Cuts and Punches
The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge #15 - Male
Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge #16 - Something for the Men
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #63 - Masculine
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #59 - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge - Let's Hear It For the Boys; Stash Item - punches/die cuts
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge Challenge - Dies and Punches  (My oldie is the striped piece from the paper pack.  I usually don't use the front panel until the paper inside is all but gone and I don't need it anymore.  And the punch I used is at least 6 mo. old.)
Unstampabelles Challenge #27 - Using Scraps or Old Stash
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge #51 - Male Cards
 
I've been trying to get a repetitive post at the top of my blog all week with no success.  If I could get it to show up, this is what you would see:

SAVE THE DATE!

I'd love to meet some of my blog visitors at the Heirloom Productions York Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival,  October 12th & 13th;  Sit down at my Make & Take Table at the Close to My Heart booth; Meet my friends, Joyce Houck and Betty Locco, both CTMH consultants; Sign up for the CTMH class on Wearable Art and make this fab necklace and gift box:

 

Have a great week-end everyone!

12 comments:

  1. How pretty your "hero" card is, Debi! Great way of using up scraps and making a colorful, pretty card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of the packaging. Lovely card. Thanks for joining in our challenge this month at Unstampabelles - Scraps and Old Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great way to use up old stash - thanks for joining in our Stash & Scraps Challenge at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and recycling is always a plus! So glad you stopped by the blog hop today, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you can use the packaging and it looks so good. Yours is a triumph! Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my friend. I am here today wearing my DT hat for Glitter n Sparkle. I love how you used the cardstock sample sheet for your card - what a great idea! Now I'll be on the lookout to do this too. I like your embossing and die cuts - and you said it was a quick card - my favourite kind!

    This is a fabulous male card (for a great cause too) and it's perfect for our Male Cards challenge at Glitter n Sparkle - thank you so much for entering and I wish you all the best in the draw!

    KT Fit Kitty, DT Glitter n Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely embossing! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your innovative card with us at Oldie but a goodie.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking part in our Scrap/stash challenge at Unstampabelles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of punches. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering this fab card in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck! Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.