Monday, April 1, 2013

My First Badge!!!!

I am more excited than when I win a prize!  
Flutterby Wednesday Challenge Blog chose one of my cards as a feature card and I got to take a badge for on my blog sidebar! 

Yes, I know it is April Fool's Day.  I already checked and they posted the featured cards yesterday.  

A Flutterby Wednesday Badge and new Mojo Monday Sketch
 
great way to start the week!

So here is this morning's card:

The DP is from a collection of beautiful spring designs called Floral Fantasy which was one of the free gifts which came with the March 2013 issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine.  These papers are beautiful.  I especially love this sheet with the hummingbirds.  And I actually pulled out my sewing machine to add stitching to this Mother's Day Card card. 

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday # 287 - sketch challenge
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #200 - March 28th - Mother's Day/Female
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges - Challenge # 57 Stitch It Real or Faux
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - #213 ~ Grab Some Thread!
Pile It On # 13 - Handmade Flowers 
Old Back Porch - 52 Pick Up 2.13



 Thought I'd share with you pictures I took yesterday at church.  My father made this Pascal Candle Stick when I was a little girl.  You can see how tall it is next to the pulpit.  It comes apart in 3 pieces to make it manageable.  Dad hand carved the little insets below the bowl and at the base.  He made 2 miniatures (without the insets) that stand about 2 ft. tall without a candle, one for my mother and another for the pastor of the church.  I like to think I have a bit of his artistic talent.











7 comments:

  1. A very pretty, fresh card. Great to have you with us at CRAFT this week. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing the photos, Debi, and for sharing your beautiful card with the hummer on it! Lovely design elements. I LOVE winning a featured spot or top 3 on challenge sites far more than ever winning a prize, which is usually done by chance. I feel so happy when my cards are chosen for their "prettiness". Being featured could not have happened to a sweeter cardmaker, Debi. Congratulations! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/04/52-card-pickup-214.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card!!! thanks for joining us at Pile it on - we have a new challenge starting today hope you are able to join again - kimberly dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thank you creating and sharing your card with us at Whimsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.