Tuesday, April 30, 2013

This one is bugging me!

OK here's the card:





My problem is - a friend asked me to make some guy birthday cards for her grandsons (19 & 28).  The ones I've made so far haven't suited her for one reason or another.  Yet I'm not getting any personal details about the young men to go with a theme, i.e. golfing, fishing, sports, etc. 
I found this stamped image and the paper strips in the clutter on my table.  But I'm thinking it's too juvenile.  Guess I'll enter it in the challenges below and then go back to the crafting table.


Whoopsie Daisy Challenge - Spots and Stripes
Paper Playtime #9 - Emboss (dry or wet)
 



9 comments:

  1. This is really CUTE! The embossing is terrific! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these flags! I know what you mean, making cards for boys is so tricky for me sometimes, but this one looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!

    -Mee Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, love the layout. Thank you for playing along at the Digi Darla Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing of the background! You know, some people can be a little too fussy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little lady bug card! Maybe you should ask her for their favorite colors and subject matter so you can custom make the cards? This one is darling. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Debi, such a cute wee bug and super embossed detail.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Hugs,
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card i love the little ladybird. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is adorable. Sorry you are having such a hard time with the cards. Maybe ask her for some more info...like fav colors, hobbies, etc. That might help. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla this week. Good Luck!

    Emily T
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! I also have a hard time with masculine cards, yours looks great though! Thank
    you for playing at Paper Playtime. Be sure to check out our Facebook
    Page to see if your project entry was highlighted and linked to your
    blog!

    Stacey

    Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.