Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Simple isn't always quick!



Thought I'd quickly whip up a CAS card for a couple challenges before I went to my Close to My Heart card class this afternoon.  I knew I wanted to use the CTMH Happy Birthday balloon stamps with the sketch from Cards in Envy, and the colors scheme  from Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge.  But then the Outlawz threw in a twist - use embossing.  And the first 2 ink colors weren't quite right.  I tried a border punch on the strip and didn't like it.  Next I embossed the strip using the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder.  It took me 10 minutes to place the strip in the folder just so.  Turned out great.  Thought I'd sand it a bit to make the words show up better.  Wrecked it.  Back to cutting another strip.  I used the lighter mauve color this time.  Finally decided to use the bottom part of my Christmas tree embossing folder.  Lookin' good! If only it was a wee bit thinner.  Had to trim 1/8" off one side.  Yeah - 1/8".  That's 0.125 inches to be precise.  First cut went crooked.  Second cut did the trick.  I glued it in place.  That went fine.  All it needed was a little very flat something.  (This is for the Cards in Envy Challenge so it has to fit in an envy without extra postage.)  Took several minutes to go through my stash and find a sheet of little vinyl stickers conveniently in the shades of purple and mauve I had used.  The fourth one I tried looked good.  I quickly took a picture (the only part of the process that was actually quick) and here it is!


Entering this card in the following challenges:

Have a great day!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and reading all my ramblings! 

15 comments:

  1. Well it definitely ended up looking good, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has to make adjustments as I go along, lol!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS card, Deb! Great job!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes things just don't go your way! I have done and redone parts of a project so many times I just about throw in the towel! Glad to know that I'm not alone! LOL. Your card turned out great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! You did a wonderful job creating this card from the Cards in Envy sketch. I never thought of doing balloons! What a terrific idea!! Thank you so much for sharing and playing along with us at Cards in Envy. Sorry your card took longer than you anticipated but the time you spent really shows. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super CAS card. Love the balloons with the script. The embossing strip is super cute. Thanks for joining us this week at the Dutch Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all that it certainly turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing, since it made me feel better if my CAS cards isn't done in 10 minutes either.
    Your projects did came out beautiful!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The balloons are wonderful and such a great take on our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card. I love the balloons. Thanks for playing a Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great CAS card and I LOVE the concept of using balloons on the sketch. Great job. I'm so glad you shared this with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All that effort paid off! A great card. Thanks for sharing with CIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an entertaining post! Sorry you went thru such a struggle; at least the card came out great! Love the balloon idea! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely CAS take on the Sketch with these beautiful balloons. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy this fortnight and Good Luck!
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win at Cards In Envy! Go grab your winner's button!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.