Sunday, March 3, 2013

Anything Goes


Eucalypt Homewares handcrafted ceramic worksThis is the Picture Inspiration that the Outlawz gave us for its Saturday Paper a la Mode - Anything Goes Challenge this week.  I've had an empty cardboard salt container on my craft table for a while.   My intention was to make it into a catch all for colored pencils, rulers, and other tools.  One look at this picture and I knew it was time to decorate that container.  

I took a sheet of white CS and cut it into 1" strips, then stamped each strip differently, added ink to the edges, and glued them to the cardboard.  I glued on a couple strips of white rick-rack to cover the seam.  I found some crocheted embellishments (Time to make some more; they come in handy.) in my stash, blue bling and some feathery blue thread. 

What do you think?



I think I'll also enter this in the following challenges:

Ladybug Crafts - The Color Blue



3 comments:

  1. What do I think? I love it! I need some containers for pens - you've definitely got me going now! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun project, Debi! You've done a great job with the various layers and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous and I totally agree about how useful crochet embellishments are, as I am enjoying making and using flowers on my cards at the mo xxx Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at That Craft Place ;-) (((((HUGS))))), Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.