Thursday, March 21, 2013

Busy Birds

Yesterday was the first day of Spring.  Rita's always gives out free water ice on the first day of Spring.  It certainly wasn't a water ice kind of day in PA.  We had more snow on the ground again this morning.  It's gone now, but it certainly wasn't necessary.
 
I keep telling myself it is time to start my spring cleaning instead of all this card making.  Time to get busy and clean our 'nests' while the birds are busy making new nests.   It won't be long before you hear the incessant cheeping of the baby birds wanting to be fed. Every time I see those pesty baby robins following their mother around wanting to be fed, I am glad I'm not a bird!

Oh- there goes the timer.  I set it so I wouldn't get so carried away with my blog that I forgot to get the meatloaf made for dinner.  Be back shortly.

I'm back.  Well anyway, all that spring stuff was leading up to this card.



I followed the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches # 190
 
but moved things to the right so you could see the bird on the DP bringing a worm to her baby birds.
I'll also be entering this card in the following:
Sparkles Monthly Challenges Blog # 42 - Birds
Stamping Sensations March Challenge - The Great Outdoors
Shop Our Stash Challenge #94 Easter or Spring
Twisted Tuesday Challenges - 2TC46 - Banners and Pearls

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the image and papers and you have the pearls and banners-thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally delightful Debi, such pretty colours and a lovely hint of Spring.

    Thank you so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds totally make me think of spring - and how glad I am that I'm not a bird too ;) Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the papers they are fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely and totally elegant card,not to mention a great version of the sketch! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥ (ps: i love your blog name... i say that ALL THE TIME too!!!!!!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout; love the image and papers you used. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snowing here in the UK too! You'd never guess it was spring, but your lovely card is a beautiful reminder of it! A gorgeous take on the sketch and I love the papers and flower image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations, and good luck.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm drooling! I love Rita's mango ice!! There are none close to me but we stop when we're traveling! Yum!
    Very pretty card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi, i like how you've put this on it's side..it gives it a whole new look, i love it! Thank you for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card - love the texture and patterns. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, it's not exactly Springlike in Michigan either, at least we're only getting a few flurries from this latest storm, you might not be so lucky! Love the card, the paper is great, excellent take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you next time.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colors together on your card project. Thanks, for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty color scheme. Everything goes really well together.
    Glad you could join us at Twisted Tuesday, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.