Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thursday with a 3D Twist

Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge last week included a 3D Twist.  No problem, I thought.  I'll  just make an origami butterfly.  First I tried a Swallowtail butterfly.  My paper was too heavy and the directions were very confusing.  Next I tried a tutorial for a Mariposa del Rio.  The paper was still a little too heavy and tore when I tried to make some of the tiny folds invert.  Finally I tried a video for a Lovely Butterfly and used some freebie flowered paper from the inside of one of my magazines.  I think it worked out just right.  It only took about an hour or so.


I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop Challenge.   SSS202 - Sketch with a Spin.  

The Spin is Springtime and this is the sketch.














I also used the colors from Fab Friday 14.

 



4 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly! Where did you find the video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Debi. That butterfly is so pretty and very creative. Great take on our sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The folded butterfly is a real show stopper! What a great way to add interest to a card! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very creative card! I love the origami butterfly! Thank you for playing with the Fab Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.