Monday, October 30, 2017

Black, White and Gold Cards

Making sympathy cards is not something I particularly enjoy making, especially when it is intended for a friend or family.  But you gotta do what you gotta do.  I saw a stunning black, white and gold card on Pinterest and thought I'd make something similar.
 First I die cut the Fanciful Leaf Flourish, a Cheery Lynn Designs die, from a scrap of gold.  Then I took a piece of black cs and a piece of white cs and simultaneously cut another flourish out of the center.  While holding the two pieces together, I hand cut them into to pieces following the curve of the die cut opening.  The sentiment was stamped next.  Then I fit a black half and a white half together and taped them, top and bottom, and embossed.  The embossed pieces were then adhered to a piece of gold cs and the gold flourish was inset into the opening.  The card front was glued to the white card base and the black and gold bow added.  

I went ahead, cut a second gold flourish and made a second card with the leftover black and white pieces.  But what to do with the black flourish, the white flourish, and the gold paper from which the gold flourishes had been cut????  
Why make 3 more cards, of course!






 The sentiment is a sticker and the flower is a CTMH stamp. 
I rubbed the champagne stamp pad I had used on the flowers over black and white polka dot paper to make it match.
Aside from the bits of white cs surrounding the fussy cut flowers,
 I used all the leftovers.    Yippee!

Challenges:
 

While the rest of the laundry dries, I think I'll make some cookies!
Bye!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Debi! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘I See Spots’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fabulous cards Debi!! Each on is elegant and very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "I See Spots" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! Thank you for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting from the Heart challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what truly elegant gorgeous cards you made! Thanks for joining us over at The Sisterhood of Crafters and we hope to see your wonderful creations again in our next challenge! Hugs Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.