Monday, January 7, 2019

New Big Sister Card

My goal today was to make a birthday card for my son who will be marking another year in a few days.  Unfortunately, my head is a bit fuzzy from cold medicine and my creativity went in a whole different direction.....

(The card is lying on a piece of red cs for the photo so you can see how the front window exposes the inside image.)
 
My second great granddaughter was born over the week-end, promoting my first great granddaughter to Big Sister.
I know she will be a wonderful big sister, although I hope she doesn't carry her new baby sister in the same manner she carries her dolls.
Quite a while ago, I won this Mo Manning stamp but haven't used it until now.  It captures Laila's hair perfectly. 

Her new baby sister has quite a head of hair herself, also very dark, but very straight.

The die cuts for the flowers and the letters are from 
My Favorite Things
The stitched circle dies are from La La Land
The CONGRATULATIONS stamp is from the 
CTMH January SOTM.

Challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Week #501 - Hearts and Flowers (heart paper, die cut flowers and stamped flowers) 
Challenge Up Your Life Challenge #103 - All New (new big sister, new sentiment stamp)
Die Cut Divas January Challenge - Something New (new big sister, new sentiment stamp)
Scrapy Land Challenge #105 - AG with a die sold by Scrapy Land (La La Land)
  
 Hopefully, I'll get that Birthday Card made tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card Debi! I often go off on a different tangent when I get up in my stamping room! There's always tomorrow as you say! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new baby in the family! Such cuties, both, baby and big sister!
    Your card is adorable, love your coloring and great design! Love how it opens up!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful inside for a child to open. Wonderful card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card for our 'Hearts and Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week. many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your second great-granddaughter! How exciting - but it must be killing you to have to wait until April to squeeze those cheeks! Love the card for Laila too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Big Sister card! I am sure your great granddaughter will treasure it! Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.