Thursday, July 30, 2015

Just had to try....

....this fold I saw in the August Issue of Quick Cards, which our mail man so kindly delivered yesterday in its gray plastic envelope.  
    
I thoroughly enjoyed a conversation I once had with our previous mail lady.  She routinely delivered these magazines, in their opaque and apparently mysterious envelopes, also.  One day she motioned for me to come to her mail truck.  I thought she had a larger package that wouldn't fit in our box.  Then she very sheepishly said, "May I ask, what is in those gray plastic envelopes you get?  Several ladies on the route get them, also."  I believe she was afraid they were PlayGirl magazines or something of that nature.  She almost breathed a sigh of relief when I said they were card making magazines!  

My apologies, I digress.  
Like that never happens! 
Here's the card:

 The technique was called Cathedral Windows.  It's a simple fold that starts with a circle.
The sentiment is a CTMH stamp.  I thought I'd add that little telephone charm and send this to a friend who I don't talk to nearly enough.  First, I'll do something about the crooked tulle ribbon bow. 

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Crafting by Designs Challenge - August Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge #294 - Four of something (4 windows; 4 patterned papers) 
Creative Moments Challenge #73 - Anything Goes/Bingo  (using the first column-ribbon,punch,charm)
 
Inky Chicks Challenge #54 - Metal Embellishment



I do love these quiet mornings when my DH is on the links.
Hope you get to enjoy something you love today, too! 
 

7 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to remember that circles can become squares when folded the right way. This is a very cute card, Debi. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Debi! The colors and the fun folds. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fabulous fold! Love the pop of green with the grey and the little charm is perfect.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner this week!
    -Mari K.
    Crafty Gals DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card with lovely colors and design.Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous unusual card with such a creative folding, beautifully designed and embellished. Thank you for joining our 'four' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges and please come back again for the brand new one.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.