Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Guest Designer at TTCRD

Through The Craft Room Door is one of the challenges I routinely enter.  Last month I entered the birthday card I made for my mother and was delighted when it won.  As a result of that win, I was asked to be a Guest Designer for this week's 

The theme is always Always Anything Goes
And this week's sponsor is 
which created the beautiful digi image I have used 
on this double easel fold card.
It is called Hello.

The mermaid was colored with pencils, which I blended with clear Wink of Stella to also add a bit of glitter. 
But, I wanted more glitter.
So I heat embossed it with a powder from SNS called peppermint stick, which gave me shine and glitter.
I cut masks for both the mermaid and sea horses and then sponged the background with three colors of ink, before cutting the image with a stitched rectangle die.
The sea horses were fussy cut and popped.  They received a coating of CTMH liquid glass to give them that great clear shine.  Before die cutting the top layer of the 3 layer hello, I simply adhered a piece of gold foil to the purple paper.

Here are a two more photos from different angles.


 
The seaweed and anchor are cuts from the CTMH Flower Market Cricut cartridge.  The sentiment, heat embossed with eggplant EP, is from Whimsy Stamps. 
Finally, here is a peek at the inside of the card.
(I found this cute seahorse sticker in my stash 
and couldn't resist adding him to the inside 
along with a bit more seaweed.)

It was so nice of Through The Craft Room Door to invite me to share a card with you this week.
Thank you, Cara.
I hope you'll visit their blog and their facebook group, too.
You might want to check out the


Challenges:
 #JOSTTT007 July 2019 Challenge Board - Designed by Laura Awsom Geffert
SheepSki Designs Challenge #38 - AG with a SheepSki Design/ option: favorite embellishment (I love the effect of adding the gold foil adhesive to papers and I also love using the little bubbles that look like glass as embellishments.  I have them in every color, and for the life of me can't remember their name.  That should keep me awake tonight!)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a Guest Designer and what a beautiful card - a great take on our gird at Joy of Sets - hope to see you again next month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT007 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card. love all the glitz on the mermaid. thanks for joining us at JOSTTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card, there's so much detail with all of the different elements and I love all the glossy highlights. Thanks for joining us at #JOSTTT007 please come back and play again next month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, lots of glitz and sparkle on it, like what you've done on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn challenge this month, Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice card!
    Thank you for joining Challenge Up Your Life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. So pleased you entered the #josttt007 challenge too. Well done on being chosen as a winner by Through The Craft Room Door!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.